Customer Service 866.965.0400

Clay Bar

Team Adam's

Question

Adams_MAY08-standard-Disc-PCCP.gif

Clay Bar

http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-36-64-oz-clay-bar.aspx

36.jpg

Adam's Fine Grade Clay Bar is incredibly safe, and effective at removing surface contamination. Even new vehicles need Clay! Our new Blue Bar is the finest and safest detailing clay for your vehicle’s finish. It removes surface contamination safely and easily without skid or swirl marks. Each Clay Jar contains one (1) 6.4 oz Clay Bar.

• Answers 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

I tried that tip someone posted in another thread of using the clay bar with APC as a lube on glass shower doors, it worked great !!!!!!!

Funny you mention that, I use it on my windows at home that had some build up on them from the sprinklers!

Yes it is an easy process. I love this stuff!

:burnout:

Funny you mention that, I use it on my windows at home that had some build up on them from the sprinklers!

:burnout:

That's a good idea....I want the windows on my home to bead up as they do on my Mustang! I can see it now..."Adam's Home Detailing Kit" Order today and we'll even include a free ginsu knife!!!!!!!!

The Bag Test: There’s a simple test that will tell you whether or not you need to clay. Wash and dry your vehicle, put a plastic sandwich bag over your hand and lightly rub your fingertips over the paint. If it feels gritty or rough, your paint is contaminated. Works every time. :thumbsup:

We buy a few boxes before car shows - I should start a thread polling peoples' response!

It's typically: "Wow, woah, no way, what, and damn!"

The first time I tried it my response was more like Holly @%$! Batman

Jason... before I clay out here the jar says made in USA. the packing in jar the clay is in says made in JAPAN. Why the discrempency? Also on the jar it says after it gets dirty work the clay and it will turn yellow.. was yellow a color of previous blend of clay? I can wait for made in USA clay.. no disrespect to anyone. Daryl :patriot:

Jason... before I clay out here the jar says made in USA. the packing in jar the clay is in says made in JAPAN. Why the discrepancy? Also on the jar it says after it gets dirty work the clay and it will turn yellow.. was yellow a color of previous blend of clay? I can wait for made in USA clay.. no disrespect to anyone. Daryl :patriot:

Great question Daryl, and no dis-respect was made! Indeed, our current clay is imported by Auto Magic, the only company currently selling clay in the USA. All companies, Meguiar's, Griot's , ALL of them have no choice but to sell their product. There are different grades, but all are imported by Auto Magic.

Our old clay was made in the USA, however, Auto Magic sued everyone out of business that was making clay in the USA.

We need to update our labels, as clearly they refer to the yellow, USA made clay that we sold until recently.

Thankfully it's not only made in China, as we would have to discontinue selling it!

Thanks again for your question Daryl, and look forward to 2012 when the patent in the USA for clay expires, and our American counterparts will again be distributing in our great nation once again!

-Adam:thumbsup:

I order some a while back and got some purple clay, man I didn't like it, it was to hard and not pliable enough, called the Adams people and whined a little and got some blue sent my way, much better, softer and more pliable!:thumbsup:

But would prefer the yellow:willy: oh well!

Shine On

Bluezey:pc:

True Bluezey, the yellow is BEST! Too bad you don't live in Canada, you can buy it all day long there!

2012 is when the patent runs out, and we'll all be able to use the 'good stuff.':thumbsup: