I'm having problems!

jub jub

Question

• Answers 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Tim,

Be sure to give the pad a spray of Detail Spray before you start. One full circle of Swirl/Haze Remover around the pad is plenty. I spread it around the surface on setting 3 until it's nice and even, then bump it up to speed 5 and work it in slowly. I go back and forth in long overlapping passes, then up and down in the same manner. Continue this way until the polish breaks down. Wipe off a small area of residue and examine your work to determine if you should use a different pad/polish combination

It took me a lot of trial and error before figuring out how to get my desired results with the Gen1 pads (I used my grandfather's car as a guinea pig). I just got the Gen2's and haven't used them yet though

Hi Tim, I'm very sorry to hear the results are not exceptional

Did you try this:

1. Start with the Swirl & Haze Remover, and a mist of Detail Spray.
  2. Start at setting 5, apply 30+ lbs of pressure, and go SLOW.
  3. Move your PC to setting 6, and continue over the area very slowly, applying substantial pressure.
  4. Leave the residue on, and then give the orange pad a spritz of Detail Spray and apply some Fine Machine Polish, still going very SLOW at setting 6
  5. Now, switch to the White Pad, remain at setting 6, and use the Fine Machine Polish, again using steady and substantial pressure.
  6. Remove the Residue.
  7. Looking good? If not, call me on the cell: 303-718-9480.

I'll walk you through personally! You should be looking flawless.

Thanks, and again, sorry the results are not outstanding thus far.

Adam:thumbsup:

Gerry... I use a spray of detail spray on the pad. I spread the polish around and worked very slowly alternating directions, but not working. Like you said, trial and error.

Adam, I appreciate your thoughts, will try your recommendations on another day as got called into work... Will post when I do give it a try again. Thanks for your help...

If you are using the White Pad, the Fine Machine Polish will do a better job of eliminating the fine swirls than the Revive. (A mixture of FMP and Swirl & Haze is a good plan if they are not going away as easily as you would like.)

It's important to know, the PC is not a buffer, so it takes a little more time and practice to eliminate swirls. The machine doesn't build up heat, doesn't really 'cut,' so patience is key!

The benefit of using a PC is that you don't need to attend body-shop school before using one, you cannot burn your finish, and permanent damage is impossible.

The down side: Time. It takes more time, and it's absolutely imperative that:

1. We go SLOWLY
  2. We apply LOTS of PRESSURE (Most people don't achieve excellent results because they don't apply enough pressure.
  3. 30-40lbs of pressure is required to eliminate stubborn swirls, and can ONLY be applied with the Gen2 pads.

Perfection is achievable on most finishes with the PC, and it's my job, with the help of other forum members, to help you achieve it on your finish!

I've given out my cell phone before, and here it is again for anyone having difficulty.

(If I was not achieving perfection, and was frustrated, I would want to talk to the person in charge, and get it right!)

Ideally, call me before you go to the garage, so if I'm out walking with the family, on a conference call, etc, I can be sure to be ready to walk you through the process.

How it works: You get your PC out, plugged in, pads cleaned and dry, polishes and towels out, and a bottle of Detail Spray handy.

I'll give you a tip to try, then you set the phone down, and try it. I'll just hang on the phone with you until it's perfect!

There is a new video coming soon, and it will further explain how to achieve perfection with the PC. Until then, CALL ME!

Cell: 303-718-9480

-Adam:pc:

Hi Adam, Are you saying that you can put 30 to 40 lbs. on the gen. 2 pads and not the gen. 1 pads ? I am still using the gen. 1 pads ! Thanks Again, Chris

CORRECT! The Gen1 pads have a plastic disc in the middle of the 2-sides, and with 20+ lbs of pressure, it can break. That would be bad.

One of the main reasons we went to the Gen2 pads is that achieving perfection was difficult with the 2-sided program. Pressure is key with the PC, and when I demonstrate the new system, I lean all of my weight on panels that can handle the pressure.

Obviously, in the middle of your hood, it will dent in if too much pressure is applied. Don't do that.

That's the news, be careful with the Gen1 pads, go slow, apply up to 20lbs of pressure, and look out for specials that we run from time-to-time to get youself dialed in with the new setup!

Thanks for the post, and for the opportunity to clarify Chris!

Happy New Year,

Adam:thumbsup:

Edited by Adam

Sorry to dig up an older thread.

I have a questions related to pressure. So the 30+ lbs of pressure is news to me...I will certainly give it a try.

So achieving 30+ while pushing down is going to be relatively easy.

What I can't seem to wrap my head around is how to achieve this amount of pressure while working on the vertical sides of the car, especially on lower cars, like the corvette. I am having a hard time figuring out to apply that much pressure while still being able to move the machine.

Any techniques or tricks?

Thanks

Did this thread have a happy ending? I'm getting ready to try the Gen 2 Machine system as soon as it arrives.( probably next week as a couple of items are on back order). Never used pc before. Another first time forum member gave rave reviews. I'm now getting a bit nervous.................is there a place I can go to in N. California if need hands on advice??

Also plan on claying first as believe that is the recommendation. Vehicle is black C6 Vette wth 90,000 miles and same number of swirls.

Thank you !

Sorry to dig up an older thread. I have a questions related to pressure. So the 30+ lbs of pressure is news to me...I will certainly give it a try.

So achieving 30+ while pushing down is going to be relatively easy.

What I can't seem to wrap my head around is how to achieve this amount of pressure while working on the vertical sides of the car, especially on lower cars, like the corvette. I am having a hard time figuring out to apply that much pressure while still being able to move the machine. Any techniques or tricks? Thanks

Hi Justin, thanks for being here! You are correct, it's tougher to get the pressure on the sides of your car, however it's possible. While clearly not as simple as applying your weight to the PC, I typically use a bucket caddy as a stool, and using my legs to stay close, apply as much pressure as possible.

You may need to hit the sides several times if the car is severely swirled up.

Come on over to the house and I'll show you myself! :2thumbs:

Thanks again Jusin

Did this thread have a happy ending? I'm getting ready to try the Gen 2 Machine system as soon as it arrives.( probably next week as a couple of items are on back order). Never used pc before. Another first time forum member gave rave reviews. I'm now getting a bit nervous.................is there a place I can go to in N. California if need hands on advice??

Also plan on claying first as believe that is the recommendation. Vehicle is black C6 Vette wth 90,000 miles and same number of swirls.

Thank you !

Don't be nervous. Your not going to kill your car. The first time I turned the PC on, I felt like I was holding a jack hammer to my paint.

Patience is the key. As was mentioned above.

Clay is a great way to start. :rockon:

Follow the process as outlined in this thread.

BTW: Check out Adams new video. It is a step by step on using the PC with the new pads. You will find it very, very interesting.

It covers, among other things: Products and pads to use, how to use them, the settings on the PC. What to look for and the procedures for getting the results you want.

The PC takes time. It is much faster than doing it by hand, but it takes time.

Start with a small area (Pick a body panel). Work that area until it is exactly how you want your finished surface to look. That will give you an indication as to what is needed for the remainder of the car.

Good luck...:rockon:

Another tip: Get comfortable on the family mini-van, thrasher, pickup, etc.! Don't have one? How about a family member's car that is say, 'less than' your car? Still not available? Rent a car! (One day rental from most agencies, a 'sub-compact' is only $39! Choose a dark colored car so you can see the difference.)

You won't hurt your car with an orbital polisher. Still, there is a learning curve to become 100% comfortable, so be patient.

Watch this video again before polishing:

<embed id="VideoPlayback" src="http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docid=2953335455038642096&hl=en&fs=true" style="width: 400px; height: 326px;" allowfullscreen="true">

<!-- / message --> <!-- sig --> __________________

Great news: You can call us and we'll walk you through personally if you like! My cell is 303-718-9480, or if I'm unavailable, call our Detail Master, Rob White: 310-965-0401.:banana:

Adam,

It has been nothing but snow and rain every time I have time to work on the car since November. I made a purchase of a 2009 Corvette ZR1 in Cyber Gray as a stable mate for my Z06, and want to make sure I have this process perfect before I use it on this new baby. Nice weather appears to be coming, so I will be giving you a call to help me out if you would please. Thank you for your time, I appreciate it with your busy schedule.

If I help you can I drive it ? Like, back to my house? :lolsmack:

Rich, I haven't even had a chance to drive it myself since it was delivered to my home in VA. It snowed the day after I got it and has been raining.:mad::(

Edited by XCELR8S