Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adam's Vanity Plate Registry!

Team Adam's

cobra=snake, cobra skinner= beats cobras:burnout:

Just a story for you Vette folks. When I first bought this car and went to the drag strip, a guy with an 2000 SVT Cobra gave me some crap about the plate. Now the SVT is a special car in it's own right with a DOHC, 4 Valve/Cylinder motor just like the ZR-1. His timeslip read 12.81, mine read 13.52. As I posted in the garage sale area, this car has run 12.53 with headers, open AC lid, K & N Filter, Flowmaster and chip. Pretty stout. By the way, on that 12.53 run the clutch was slipping a bit. Keep in mind this is a 1991 Vette and it will outrun a pile of newer cars.

Now another story. In late 1991, GM Corvette engineers were working on a project to annialte all competition. It was a lightened, leaned on fire breathing ZR-1. It's code name...Snake Skinner. True story.

Edited by HammerZR1

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ordered mine on Monday.

Stage 0 (zero).

It's a SRT-4 thing. Basically it means my car is stock (powerwise) and most of the people on the forums go nuts when people say they are Stage 0. Only because Mopar has stage kits for the Neon SRT-4, Stage 1, Stage 2 and Stage 3.

Yeah I did it to piss people off. That's what I do. :D

I ordered mine on Monday.

Stage 0 (zero).

It's a SRT-4 thing. Basically it means my car is stock (powerwise) and most of the people on the forums go nuts when people say they are Stage 0. Only because Mopar has stage kits for the Neon SRT-4, Stage 1, Stage 2 and Stage 3.

Yeah I did it to piss people off. That's what I do. :D

Let me know if you get it :2thumbs:

Just a story for you Vette folks. When I first bought this car and went to the drag strip, a guy with an 2000 SVT Cobra gave me some crap about the plate. Now the SVT is a special car in it's own right with a DOHC, 4 Valve/Cylinder motor just like the ZR-1. His timeslip read 12.81, mine read 13.52. As I posted in the garage sale area, this car has run 12.53 with headers, open AC lid, K & N Filter, Flowmaster and chip. Pretty stout. By the way, on that 12.53 run the clutch was slipping a bit. Keep in mind this is a 1991 Vette and it will outrun a pile of newer cars.

Now another story. In late 1991, GM Corvette engineers were working on a project to annialte all competition. It was a lightened, leaned on fire breathing ZR-1. It's code name...Snake Skinner. True story.

Just found out the original...and only... Snake Skinner is going on the auction block at Barrett-Jackson in January. Hope it's televised.

I don't have a vanity plate for my vette. I wanted to get 52388, which is the date it was built, but it was already taken. 00000 is actually the standard format for the 'early american' license plates here, so I wasn't too surprised. I made sure to get one with '88' in it though.

• 3 weeks later...