Customer Service 866.965.0400

Who here is going to Corvettes at Carlisle?

The dinner that we had Friday night before the PA clinic was great because we all got introduced and talked during dinner. It was a lot easier meeting then than during the clinic with so many people. I hope I can make it to meet the Junkman and others. It is a 6 hour drive each way which is a stretch. I am trying to see if I can get someone to come along and help split the driving. Where would we be able to get a hotel room near Carlisle?

Hi tom i am from this area. The best place to stay would be north or south of carlisle right off 81 highway. You can stay in Mechnanicksburg, harrisburg, shippensburgh. Or what they considered carlisle but it about 5 miles out of town on 641.Heres is one in Mechanicksburg(it not to old they just put it in a couple of years ago) and after the show you have the whole carlisle pike to do anything and everything. The one gerry is one you can pick also. Hope this helps

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The dinner that we had Friday night before the PA clinic was great because we all got introduced and talked during dinner. It was a lot easier meeting then than during the clinic with so many people. I hope I can make it to meet the Junkman and others. It is a 6 hour drive each way which is a stretch. I am trying to see if I can get someone to come along and help split the driving. Where would we be able to get a hotel room near Carlisle?

Friday night dinner is at Adam's, right across the street from the fairgrounds, so head over there for some good eats. Just walk out gate 3 and look down the street to your left. Can't miss it.

As for a hotel, try www.choicehotels.com or www.super8.com

Just type in what dates you are looking for. This year there are still rooms relatively close by. We stayed at the Super 8 in Scotland/Chambersburg a couple of years ago and it was very nice, new, and CLEAN! But it's about a half hour out of Carlisle. All highway though.

Mechanicsburg is real popular for hotels. Or check over at Corvetteforum.com. Someone over there always has an extra room available, plus there are a couple of threads on the subject under events/national.

Rich

Hi tom i am from this area. The best place to stay would be north or south of carlisle right off 81 highway. You can stay in Mechnanicksburg, harrisburg, shippensburgh. Or what they considered carlisle but it about 5 miles out of town on 641.Heres is one in Mechanicksburg(it not to old they just put it in a couple of years ago) and after the show you have the whole carlisle pike to do anything and everything. The one gerry is one you can pick also. Hope this helps

Good post Jesse! :thumbsup:

I will be there and look forward to meeting you too Tom! Make sure you introduce yourself. :thumbsup:

Thanks guys for the information. I think I have a buddy that is willing to split expenses and driving. I will check out the hotel situation after I get thru this week and the funeral. Thanks again.....it just goes to show that the nicest people are on this forum!

Thanks Rich. I think Chambersburg looks good for a reasonable motel rate. I didn't think your hotels in the Carlisle area would be so expensive, but then again all of you Corvette owners have more money than the rest of us. LOL

Thanks Rich. I think Chambersburg looks good for a reasonable motel rate. I didn't think your hotels in the Carlisle area would be so expensive, but then again all of you Corvette owners have more money than the rest of us. LOL

The Super 8 in Chambersburg is/was very nice. There is a mall right across the street with a couple of places to eat, and gas right there too. Saturday morning you'll want to be on the fairgrounds by 7 am.

:lolsmack::lolsmack:

Great pics Rich!! :cheers:

Looks like a ton of people showed up. Does it get more packed as the weekend gets closer??

Doesn't your wife need a Vette?? :D

The pics I posted don't show even a pinch of how many cars were there. Friday and especially Saturday is insane. We're usually on the fairgrounds by 6 a.m. just to get a parking spot.

There are usually 3000 to 4000 Corvettes there, and that doesn't include the people who don't park on the fairgrounds! And there are Vettes inside the many buildings on the grounds, there is a Corvette auction just off the fairgrounds, and a swap meet that covers a good 1/4 of the grounds where you'll find anything and everything for whatever year Vette you have. Plus a whole area dedicated to Vettes for sale! It's totally amazing if you're into Vettes. This should give you a rough idea.

2009_spring_aerial_71240970989.jpg

Edited by Rich

OK I am stoked, just made a reservation for Friday night. When it gets closer we will need one of the local people to tell us how to get to the fairgrounds and where we "visitiors" can park. It looks like it will be full fairground so some idea of how to find the Adams tent would be great too! I am really looking forward to dinner and catching up with everyone. I just got my shipment of the waterless wash so I will be checking that out this weekend too.

OK I am stoked, just made a reservation for Friday night. When it gets closer we will need one of the local people to tell us how to get to the fairgrounds and where we "visitiors" can park. It looks like it will be full fairground so some idea of how to find the Adams tent would be great too! I am really looking forward to dinner and catching up with everyone. I just got my shipment of the waterless wash so I will be checking that out this weekend too.

If you're bringing a Vette, there is general Corvette parking on the grounds without paying the fun field price.

http://www.carlisleevents.com/ce/pdf/2009_Corvette_Map.pdf

If you're staying in Chambersburg, pm me and I'll send you directions on how to get there.

Rich

Rich, I will PM you and get directions but no Vette in my garage unfortunately. I will just have to check somewhere in general parking outside and walk in. Is the Vendors area that you highlighted where the Adam's tent will be located?

Yes, that's where. The vendor's area isn't that big, so you won't miss it. It's only a few rows. It's the swap area that's huge. I'll try and find out for you where a good place to park would be. You used to be able to park at the barracks, but I'm not sure if you still can. There are generally signs all around the fairgrounds for spectator parking. And even a lot of private homes close to the grounds offer parking..............and food! :banana:

Hey Rich, you know that Adam doesn't live there anymore, right?

Yes sir, I do know that. But I figured that naming it "Adam's place" was easier than trying to explain the whole thing. :D