Customer Service 866.965.0400

10 Most Spectacular Shipwrecks

Team Adam's

Great collection of old abandoned shipwrecks, figured I'd share. This kind of stuff fascinates me. To see things like this abandoned and slowly reclaimed by nature... I'm trying to get enough money together for my next scuba trip... I desperately want to do some wreck dives.

Enjoy the pics everyone:

The 10 Most spectacular shipwrecks from the past year on AO

shipwrecksAO.jpg

No amount of polishing is gonna bring these back to life :lolsmack:

b8000301.png

Edited by Dylan@Adams

"The ship was a 2,272 gross ton cargo ship with a length of 310 feet. In September 1909, it ran aground in thick fog and wrecked at Conception Bay while on a voyage from Swakopmund to Table Bay. This wreck is said to personify the loneliness of Namibia’s coast best. Its remains lie rusting in the sand, partially buried."

I know Namibia's sea has been shrinking for a long time now, it probably used to be much closer to the water at one time.

heres a pic that illustrates how much the water has retreated

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Q-PuSGjFHvY/SfNS8vfwUhI/AAAAAAAAD4o/ESYaFVFnVAg/s1600-h/Aral_Sea_1989-2008.jpg

Edited by Dylan06SS

"The ship was a 2,272 gross ton cargo ship with a length of 310 feet. In September 1909, it ran aground in thick fog and wrecked at Conception Bay while on a voyage from Swakopmund to Table Bay. This wreck is said to personify the loneliness of Namibia’s coast best. Its remains lie rusting in the sand, partially buried."

I know Namibia's sea has been shrinking for a long time now, it probably used to be much closer to the water at one time.

Talk to Wreckwriter on the GRRRR8 site. His name says it all! He wrote books about wrecks I think... Either that or he's an insurance agent... :o:loser:

If you click on the photos, the writeups for each individual ship have more photos and even a link to the satellite image from google maps of the crash site

Fantastic! That's awesome.:2thumbs:

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but this is kind of related...

These guys go to abandoned places - buildings, amusements parks, malls, Heritage USA, etc., and take a ton of interesting photos. They also do "old" vs "new" photos of the same thing. I really find this stuff interesting.

http://illicitohio.illicitohio.com/

jackrabbit_old.jpg

jackrabbit_new.jpg

Edited by Adam