Customer Service 866.965.0400

Arizona Freeways Suck!

AZGTO

So I was driving down the freeway saturday afternoon in my GTO that I had just freshly washed and cleaned the night before, I'm going like 70 or so and there is a truck in front of me that swerves out of his lane quickly into another lane, not having much time to react I swerved 2 lanes over and he hit a Tire and it shot into my lane...I hit the tire, it went under my car and that was about it, I got home 20 mins later to find that it popped my lower front grill out left a nice tiremark on my front bumper but other than that nothing else was harmed and I was able to buff out the tire mark and put the grille back in place..Later that night I'm pulling the car out of the garage and the GF asks me what I did to my rear bumper, I said nothing why, come to find out the tire ripped off my lower rear bumper insert, pretty awesome. I bought another Rear Lower insert off another GTO board for $170 but I need to take it to a bodyshop now and have it painted gloss black Like I had below...still Irritated about it!

Before

1240859598282.jpg

After

2009-07-12175832.jpg

Its amazing with the heat how many tires shred here in AZ. I drive 90 miles a day for work and I see more tires on the road during summer time. Only 114 degrees today.

That or lovey rock trucks that sprays your winshield and leaves you with tons of rock pitting.

In all my experience there is one up side to your freeways out there... they're like glass smooth!! When I used to travel to the PHX/Scottsdale area for business a couple times a month I always marveled at how nice and pot-hole-free your freeways were... at least when compared to the crap we have here in socal.

Good luck on getting the goat back together, that sounds like a pretty hair raising experience. Never cool to have stuff come flying towards you on the freeway... especially a tire!!

In all my experience there is one up side to your freeways out there... they're like glass smooth!! When I used to travel to the PHX/Scottsdale area for business a couple times a month I always marveled at how nice and pot-hole-free your freeways were... at least when compared to the crap we have here in socal.

Good luck on getting the goat back together, that sounds like a pretty hair raising experience. Never cool to have stuff come flying towards you on the freeway... especially a tire!!

The freeways out here are nice, but the tires on the freeways seriously suck esp out here in the summertime when its 110+...I bought another insert for $170 but I'm going to fill in the honeycomb on it and get it repainted gloss black, so it'll look better than before hopefully in the weeks to come...

Thanks everyone! :grouphug:

I'm sure SoCal would be smooth sailing compared to what I have to deal with if I go into the City, during the winter.:willy::willy::willy: Chicago roads SUCK!!