Customer Service 866.965.0400

De-badging

KrazyTrain

What are your thoughts on de badging a truck? I always kinda liked it on my old truck but have mixed feelings about it on my new one. It seems like managed to put "Silverado" all over this thing.

Just thought i would ask your opinions.

572379364_hdXxm-M.jpg

To me it depends on the vehicle, its color and the badges. Dealer badges get removed as soon as I leave their lot. I removed the 'Trailblazer' badge from my black 06 and then on the silver 09 I removed it but in the process noticed that black lettering looked great so I had my neighbor cut vinyl letters for me so I now have it re-badged, but not to stock.

I think your truck would look nice with or without, whichever you prefer. I would day swap out the ugly gold bowtie for black or polished/chrome though. :)

Badgeless all the way!

I love the sleek, smooth look of a vehicle with great body lines (sounds almost sexual :D)

My truck would have had the badges removed but there are holes behind them...

But here is what I did, I remove the body molding on the lower part of the door, removed the bulky looking badges, and to cover the holes I used a newer style F-150 badges that lines up better with the chrome door handles and it fits it better to me.

Obviously there have been a couple other changes between these pictures too :lolsmack:

Need I say more????

Rob

See that looks sweet without the badges. :thumbsup: How did you get the decal ones off of the back? I have the Z71 ones on there and i think they are under the clearcoat???

I like the naked look :D

Im with ya brother :thumbsup:

Badgeless all the way!

I love the sleek, smooth look of a vehicle with great body lines (sounds almost sexual :D)

My truck would have had the badges removed but there are holes behind them...

But here is what I did, I remove the body molding on the lower part of the door, removed the bulky looking badges, and to cover the holes I used a newer style F-150 badges that lines up better with the chrome door handles and it fits it better to me.

Obviously there have been a couple other changes between these pictures too :lolsmack:

Ok im sold i think i need to remove them :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I just got this truck and i have already seen a few of them on the road around here just like mine, i need to try and do something differant.

Does anyone know where you can get the black inserts for the Chevy Emblem?? do you have to have these made or does someone sell them?

This is what i am talking about. The big gold one on the front, i think it would look sweet black.

572382193_UtjL7-M.jpg

Thanks for all the great input everyone!!!

Steve

Most everyone sells the black or chrome bowties (check ebay as well). I would suggest you replace the bowtie, the overlays I have seen for the front don't completely cover it, just the relative flat part. The beveled edge is still visible.

I don't have any links at work but they available in all sorts of styles and prices.

Debadged usually looks better.

I like how most people usually just debadge the low level cars, like 3 series Bimmers and C class Benzos but most any of em look better naked. Friend debadged his 7 series which you don't see very often and it looks great

I debadged the rear of the Lotus and made a custom front hood emblem in black and orange instead of the green/yellow/chrome. When I run my black wheels with R compounds (which is most of the time) I run those emblemless as well, and my other wheels get the black/orange custom badges.

Ive been seriously thinking about de badging the Jeep. I had the body shop leave off the Jeep emblem in the back but now I want to get rid of the Grand Cherokee on the side. I think im going to wait until I get the smaller pads. You can see the badges in this pic.(And the Americana shine.:banana:)

CIMG0230.jpg

Heres another pic.

20090316131955.jpg

Anybody wanna photoshop them off for me? I would appretiate it!:bow:

I actually like the new silverado badges I would take off the back tailgate stuff and the small gms next to the side emblems and then color match or change the color of the bowtie on front.

I actually like the Silverado badges on the side of my truck.

I actually like the Silverado badges on the side of my truck.

I don't mind them. I just want to change it everytime I pull into moble and there are 2 just like it. My wife will have a cow if I spend the money to do what I want to do. I got the windows tinted and they look awsome. I'm gonna do some debadging while I have it in the garage doing the cold water detail. Pics to come.