Customer Service 866.965.0400

I've got car trouble, any ideas?

IMADreamer

My friends and I are trying to trouble shoot this ourselves and we won't really get to start working on it until saturday but I thought I'd ask you guys if you had any clues. BTW my warranty ran out Friday. lol Not that GM would honor it but oh well.

So here's what happened the other day I was heading to work and as I accelerated onto the high way the car kind of stuttered twice then ran fine. Then that night when I got home and pulled into the drive it threw a code. I scanned it and it was P1133 which is the Ho2 bank 1 code. Then the next day it was gone and the car ran fine.

A couple days later I was coming home from work and got on it a bit on the high way and as I shifted to second the car was a little laggy then it kicked in big time, kinda like turbo lag, although my car is SC. Then the cel flashed several times which is the misfire code. I scanned the code again and it showed the dreaded p0300 code which means it wasn't any particular cylinder misfiring.

So I have a friend who swears it's a clogged cat, I'm not so sure. Any suggestions you guys have would be great.

Thanks.

Makes me believe that it might be a o2 sensor. Because if the o2 sensor is bad it will screw up you fuel deliver.

My first thought was O2 sensor, too. Or maybe a wire leading to it loose or damaged. Do you have headers on the car?

I can only speak from my own experience. I have LG longtubes on my Z and for quite a while after I had them put on, I got the same P133 code because of bypassing the 02 sensor. So that is definitely a possibility. But I also had a similar lagging/surging experience that turned out to be the #7 fuel injector. That problem gave me trouble for three years till I finally swapped out all 8. That cleared up the problem. But that was an 0200 code. A clogged cat? Could be too. Sorry I can't be more help.

Are you showing actual codes (with a C after them) or do any of your codes show an H after them?
This p

My interceptor gauge only shows the P and then numbers

My first thought was O2 sensor, too. Or maybe a wire leading to it loose or damaged. Do you have headers on the car?

Yeah I have a header on the car. A rather poorly constructed one may I add. lol but that story is for another day.

This problem is strange because the car runs great 99% of the time, then out of no where it stutters. Granted I'm not going into PE because if it is something serious I don't want to do any major damage.

I'm leaning towards o2 sensor right now. I swapped plugs tonight although the ones I had in there looked great.

This p

My interceptor gauge only shows the P and then numbers

Yeah I have a header on the car. A rather poorly constructed one may I add. lol but that story is for another day.

This problem is strange because the car runs great 99% of the time, then out of no where it stutters. Granted I'm not going into PE because if it is something serious I don't want to do any major damage.

I'm leaning towards o2 sensor right now. I swapped plugs tonight although the ones I had in there looked great.

I was thinking maybe a header was making contact with a O2 wire and damaging it. Just a guess, but with these cars it's always something stupid... a bad ground, a loose wire, etc. :willy: (But I still love my C5 :thumbsup:)

Rich

Maybe an ignition coil ?

My only thinking there is if it were a coil then the misfire would be on the same cylinder every time, I think.....

Fuel delivery seems like a possibility and I can probably do some logs with HPT and see if anything is amiss there. I assume if the pump is taking a crap or the filter is plugged then my AFR will be out of wack when it happens?

The intermittent nature of this is what's throwing me.

• 2 weeks later...
My only thinking there is if it were a coil then the misfire would be on the same cylinder every time, I think.....

Fuel delivery seems like a possibility and I can probably do some logs with HPT and see if anything is amiss there. I assume if the pump is taking a crap or the filter is plugged then my AFR will be out of wack when it happens?

The intermittent nature of this is what's throwing me.

Any idea what it was?

Any idea what it was?

Maybe. lol I'm actually leaning towards a bad tank of gas. I don't know if that could have caused it but it seems possible. It hit me this morning when I was paying my credit card bill on line and I looked over the all of four things I had charged this month and they were all gas stations. One was a mom and pop station in the middle of no where I stopped at coming home from a Cardinals game and I looked at the date and it was the day before my problem showed up. I just finished that tank off a few days ago and filled back up with Shell Vpower which is what I always use and since then the car has run great with no problems at all. Yesterday I was actually shocked at how well the car ran and how strong it felt. I really that that was the problem.

Maybe. lol I'm actually leaning towards a bad tank of gas. I don't know if that could have caused it but it seems possible. It hit me this morning when I was paying my credit card bill on line and I looked over the all of four things I had charged this month and they were all gas stations. One was a mom and pop station in the middle of no where I stopped at coming home from a Cardinals game and I looked at the date and it was the day before my problem showed up. I just finished that tank off a few days ago and filled back up with Shell Vpower which is what I always use and since then the car has run great with no problems at all. Yesterday I was actually shocked at how well the car ran and how strong it felt. I really that that was the problem.

Glad you found the problem. I hate a bad tank of gas.

This also sounds like a Knock sensor. I had the same problem just a few weeks ago.

I do not remember code jaguar pulled up but when replaced ran great.

Also look for air leaks around air filter.

Just my 2 cents

Well it's been running ok for a week now, although it's rich as all get out under WOT. I just noticed this yesterday (first time I've been able to log WOT), but at cruise the AFRs are spot on so I still may have an underlying problem.