Customer Service 866.965.0400

Americana, its time to buy??

Shimy86

Question

A coule questions for guys who have used it. I get the thin coat thing but,

1) how long do you let dry

2) is the new white buffing towel needed or will the blue get same results

3) strip to new or go over MSW

4) I'm cheap, is it really that much better than MSW, I have a hard time with it being able to outshine MSW on black

5) BSG over top the next day?? or is it not needed

Thanks!!:cheers:

Hey Rich, things are doing ok here. It has rained all week but we are supposed to have a nice weekend. We are planning to go to a car show and I can show off the Americana again with the 32. I sent Adam an email and told him that his products helped me win a new trophy a couple of weeks back. I can't rave enough about Adams products and I was telling my brother in Atlanta if he ever wanted to make his wife's Saturn Sky really pop, to let me know I would hook him up with some great stuff. It is a black car and could use some help. I didn't even have to get the plastic bag out because I could tell with the bare hand.

How's things in Maryland? I see your postings all the time and it is always special when you have met the people. I read the postings almost everyday but usually just take in all the knowledge and don't post a lot.

It would be nice to get Adam out this way again, but I know he is busy.

Hey Rich, things are doing ok here. It has rained all week but we are supposed to have a nice weekend. We are planning to go to a car show and I can show off the Americana again with the 32. I sent Adam an email and told him that his products helped me win a new trophy a couple of weeks back. I can't rave enough about Adams products and I was telling my brother in Atlanta if he ever wanted to make his wife's Saturn Sky really pop, to let me know I would hook him up with some great stuff. It is a black car and could use some help. I didn't even have to get the plastic bag out because I could tell with the bare hand.

How's things in Maryland? I see your postings all the time and it is always special when you have met the people. I read the postings almost everyday but usually just take in all the knowledge and don't post a lot.

It would be nice to get Adam out this way again, but I know he is busy.

Hey guys!

Hope you are both well...I've been MIA for a couple of months, but happy to report I'm gainfully employed again (before I needed to sell the Z06)....it's just that now I don't seem to have any time to do the things I love (including visit the forum)...

So anyhow...the Americana wax....I LOVE IT!!

Here's a great story....not a "friend of a friend" thing..I actually saw this...

My honey had just gotten a new Sebring Convertible about mid-June. It had been on the Dealer's lot for a number of months, so I decided to give it the "Adam's Treatment"....

I had clayed it, once over with Machine Polish, and was just buffing the 2nd coat of Americana off the last panel when this pesky fly starts buzzing around my face....so I pull back and watch him...

There is a surface at the trailing edge of the trunk that has a slight downward slope to it....I had just finished removing wax from it...

I watch the fly land on it....AND HE SLIPS OFF!!!

No kidding...his little legs going like crazy trying to get a grip, but no luck...slips right off the edge.

I so wish I could have gotten this on video....

Edited by ALF01

Hey guys!

Hope you are both well...I've been MIA for a couple of months, but happy to report I'm gainfully employed again (before I needed to sell the Z06)....it's just that now I don't seem to have any time to do the things I love (including visit the forum)...

So anyhow...the Americana wax....I LOVE IT!!

Here's a great story....not a "friend of a friend" thing..I actually saw this...

My honey had just gotten a new Sebring Convertible about mid-June. It had been on the Dealer's lot for a number of months, so I decided to give it the "Adam's Treatment"....

I had clayed it, once over with Machine Polish, and was just buffing the 2nd coat of Americana off the last panel when this pesky fly starts buzzing around my face....so I pull back and watch him...

There is a surface at the trailing edge of the trunk that has a slight downward slope to it....I had just finished removing wax from it...

I watch the fly land on it....AND HE SLIPS OFF!!!

No kidding...his little legs going like crazy trying to get a grip, but no luck...slips right off the edge.

I so wish I could have gotten this on video....

Hey Tom & Al -- good to hear from you. With all this east-coast rain I've been involved in an 8-week struggle to keep my two cars clean... I just have a one car garage so you know how it goes: one car gets detailed and put in the garage, then dirty one gets detailed and put inside, then it rains on the first clean one so you detail it again and put THAT one in the garage.... :willy::willy::willy:

Anyway, I've been busy. Al, good to hear you're working and kept the Vette. Are you guys going to make the trip to Carlisle in August? How about you, Tom? I hope we can catch up again.

Rich

Looks like there will be a lot of us at Carlisle. Did you know they offered a registration discount over the 4th? Kind of ticked me off a bit, but I'm going anyhow.

See you all there. It's coming quick!:banana:

Are you guys going to make the trip to Carlisle in August?

Rich

Absolutely! Usually arrive mid-day Thursday ad stay until Saturday...looking forward to getting caught up with everyone...

:thumbsup:

We're always parked as close to the vendors in row E/F as possible. We'll have our pop up for shade. Everyone is welcome to come sit a spell, even if we aren't there. Come enjoy the shade! :cheers:

We're always parked as close to the vendors in row E/F as possible. We'll have our pop up for shade. Everyone is welcome to come sit a spell, even if we aren't there. Come enjoy the shade! :cheers:

Even me :D:D:D

I just heard about this show. Carlisle is quite a ways for me, but I am seriously thinking of coming as a spectator to check out all of the Vettes. Adam even emailed me the link that I need to check out. I would like to meet the great Junkman (alias AJ). He sure seems to be an interesting guy. I could use the trip to get a few more items too, IF Adam decides to bring enough stuff this time so he isn't sold out on Friday. LOL It would be great to meet up with everyone again at dinner on Friday. That worked out great because it was so hectic during the demo that it was difficult to meet all the others. Any tips for a spectator at this show? Where could I stay for one night if I come? It looks like a 6 hour drive and I don't want to try all of that in one day.

I just heard about this show. Carlisle is quite a ways for me, but I am seriously thinking of coming as a spectator to check out all of the Vettes. Adam even emailed me the link that I need to check out. I would like to meet the great Junkman (alias AJ). He sure seems to be an interesting guy. I could use the trip to get a few more items too, IF Adam decides to bring enough stuff this time so he isn't sold out on Friday. LOL It would be great to meet up with everyone again at dinner on Friday. That worked out great because it was so hectic during the demo that it was difficult to meet all the others. Any tips for a spectator at this show? Where could I stay for one night if I come? It looks like a 6 hour drive and I don't want to try all of that in one day.

Hey Tom

E-mail me.....I have a thought...

Al

:2thumbs: