Customer Service 866.965.0400

Corvette Re-Adamized for 2009

GerryC

What is this? A day without rain? Mother Nature, you spoil me :lolsmack:

I decided to take advantage of the first sunshine in almost 2 weeks and spent about 7 hours on the engine, tires, wheels, and interior. Now, I know it looks like it, but I didn't have time to do anything to the paint except wipe it down with Detail Spray. There is no wax on this car. The last time I polished and waxed it was September 2008. Yeah, Adam's is that **** good. It's begging for Americana, but that will have to come another day. At least that can be done in the garage.

Hit 87,200 miles today

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

I vacuumed every square inch of carpet: behind, between, under the seats, and the visors. Cleaned in the seams of the seats, dusted all the gauges, buttons, and switches, cleaned the door jambs, speaker grilles, and even metal polished the seatbelt buckles.

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

I unscrewed the 2 front wheel wells, removed them from the hood, and cleaned behind them with APC and a brush. I took a toothbrush and GWC and got rid of all the built up grime on the control arms and shocks, and various other parts of the engine. Got some nasty scrapes in the processes, but what looks better than your own hands covered in grease and blood? Nothing (well maybe except the car :D).

I leave you with my favorite shot

0.jpg

:hi:

Edited by GerryC

Outstanding! :2thumbs: I'm curious, are those the original seat covers and carpeting or replacements?

I spent the day in the garage finishing up the external detail on the G8 while looking over at the Corvette (an exterior clone of yours) and thinking I really need to get the car going again.

Edited by Z51L9889

Outstanding! :2thumbs: I'm curious, are those the original seat covers and carpeting or replacements?

90% of the interior is new. The car was in a dilapidated garage covered with old bed sheets when I went to look at it. After looking at about a dozen C3's and C4's in my price range this was the first that had no indication of body damage, which is one of the main reasons why I ended up with it.

Major parts replaced almost immediately were the weatherstrip, seats (covers and foam, I kept the tracks and the backs), carpet, door panels, steering wheel, console side panels, and console door. Various other trim pieces were replaced in time. Below are the only 'before' shots I have. The restoration photos were taken on a film camera and are in a binder that I keep in the car for shows.

before1.jpg

before2.jpg

before3.jpg

:help::help::help:

Edited by GerryC

BEAUTIFUL C4 Gerry, your interior blows me away.
Looks great !:patriot:
I just love that C4. Looks amazing! :bow:

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Gerry, your C4 is absolutely stunning. I love it! :bow:

Thanks everyone :grouphug:

Can I hump your fender? :jester:
Only if you wrap your butt in Adam's towels :lolsmack:

Astounding car Gerry! Bet that's a trophy winner. :cheers:
Looking to double up on hardware this year :thumbsup:

trophiesandpic.jpg

Thanks everybody! Here are the results from the show, thanks to the results from Adam's

trophy1.jpg

trophy2.jpg

It was a special interest car show, not just vettes (hence why they obliviously included 1983 on the trophy) but there were 10 other C4's there. I got a lot of comments on the interior because of the unique red/saddle color combo.

I also made it home in time before it started raining again :D

Then I had to go to work :mad: