Customer Service 866.965.0400

Breaking down LG question.

jeast

Question

My Adams stuff will be here soon and i was wandering what I should use to break down the liguid glass I have been using ? Im told its like a sealer, should I use down or does it not even matter if its left on ? I am going to be using, Adams car wash, Clay, RP, and BW. Also one side question im thinking about getting a tent to wash my car under do help with the SW FL sun, Is there a brand or size anyone would recommend ? Sorry about all the questions lately

-Jared

8 answers to this question

My Adams stuff will be here soon and i was wandering what I should use to break down the liguid glass I have been using ? Im told its like a sealer, should I use down or does it not even matter if its left on ? I am going to be using, Adams car wash, Clay, RP, and BW. Also one side question im thinking about getting a tent to wash my car under do help with the SW FL sun, Is there a brand or size anyone would recommend ? Sorry about all the questions lately

-Jared

The washing, clay and RP will be more than enough to take any old wax/sealers off, especially if they've already been on the car a little while. :cheers:

Oh, and welcome to the forum. :2thumbs:

if you want to remove wax or sealant that's already on the car in order to 'start from scratch' using all Adam's products, you can wash the car with Dawn dish soap. The degreasing power of the soap will strip the wax from the car. You'll probably want to do this in the shade as well, because while Adam's soap is ok to let dry on the car before rinsing, I'm not positive that Dawn is.

If you don't want to go this route then using the clay bar and Revive Polish should get the old stuff off as well

if you want to remove wax or sealant that's already on the car in order to 'start from scratch' using all Adam's products, you can wash the car with Dawn dish soap. The degreasing power of the soap will strip the wax from the car. You'll probably want to do this in the shade as well, because while Adam's soap is ok to let dry on the car before rinsing, I'm not positive that Dawn is.

If you don't want to go this route then using the clay bar and Revive Polish should get the old stuff off as well

Also, if you go that route, try to avoid hitting rubber, plastic and trim with the dawn wash -- I've heard it's pretty harsh on that stuff. :2thumbs:

Rich

I'm not really sure what liquid glass is, but to cut old carnauba wax you can use Dawn dish soap. Claying the surface can also remove old wax. I'd use Dawn and clay for best results. Then your safe to follow up with whatever polish, wax or sealant you like.

-Jared

Welcome aboard, Jared! :cheers:

If you ordered the foam gun, you can load it with some Adam's APC - which will very easily strip off any wax or sealant without being harsh on the trim or finish. The Revive Polish will also remove old wax or sealant as well.

As for a canopy, the EZ Up brand is great - grab a 12'x12' if you have a car (obviously go bigger if it's a truck/SUV)

I us to use Liquid Glass all the time back in the mid 80's and unless the make up of Liguid Glass has changed you should not have any problems removing what maybe on the finish. It really never had a lasting ability back then and I would apply it in multiple layers with about two hours between each layer. I had the car (77 vette) re-painted and there were no issues with the painter and preping the car. Do as other have suggested and you won't have any problems. Now wait until you see the difference in Liquid Glass and Adams.

As for the Dawn it should not harm the plactic or rubber as long as you do not use it but once or twice a year.

I'm not really sure what liquid glass is, but to cut old carnauba wax you can use Dawn dish soap. Claying the surface can also remove old wax. I'd use Dawn and clay for best results. Then your safe to follow up with whatever polish, wax or sealant you like.

:iagree: