Customer Service 866.965.0400

Americana FIRST USE.....

BlownG8GT

Question

I have been detailing cars professionally or personally for about 22 years now. I have used just about every product on earth, some have worked awesome, others have been a dismal failure.

I purchased the new Americana Paste Was from Adams last weekend and I had the first chance to try it out last night while preparing for the detail clinic on Saturday. I started out with the orange pad, swirl and haze remover, working one panel at a time until I was happy with the finish. (happy is ZERO scratches or swirls) After working the hood for a good 10 minutes with the orbital I wiped it down with my new blue MF towel in preparation for the PW.....

Having seen dark colored cars and how awesome they turn out with these products I figured my white car would be less than orgasmic, well I was wrong. This is the FIRST time EVER I have been happy with the finished product when I was done. My G8 has NEVER looked this good, the white paint is deep and bottomless, the finish is wet and shiny. Could not be more PERFECT. I have always said a good finish is more product than applicator, and you have proven that to me!

Adams Team, my hats off to you for developing some of the BEST detail products I have EVER used in my life. Keep up the good work! If anyone is on the fence about this wax, do not think about it anymore....get out your credit cards.

Pics to follow on Saturday when I am done with the G8.

19 answers to this question

Diddo!

I'm glad everyone else is liking it. Although I HIGHLY doubt people would post up here that they thought it was a dismal failure... lol A little biased...

I have to say it's the best paste I've ever used...

Chris

Thanks for the update. I just received my APW this morning and I am all set up to use it on our black Saab and silver Saturn SKY. After this update and having your 22 yrs experience as a conclusion, I can't wait to exeprience the same results on bother our cars.

Thanks.:patriot:

Diddo!

I'm glad everyone else is liking it. Although I HIGHLY doubt people would post up here that they thought it was a dismal failure... lol A little biased...

I have to say it's the best paste I've ever used...

Chris

I would definitely let you all know if I thought it was snake oil! Gotta keep the reviews honest, it is the ONLY real way for Adams to keep the quality products coming! I feel it is our responsibility to give honest feed back on these products, if there are issues Adams needs to know so they can fix it or move on!

Great review. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Where are the pics??

Pics coming Saturday, I only had time to the the hood and truck lid.....the remainder of the car will be done tonight when I get home! Wifey is out of town, so I have nothing but time on my hands!

Thanks for the update. I just received my APW this morning and I am all set up to use it on our black Saab and silver Saturn SKY. After this update and having your 22 yrs experience as a conclusion, I can't wait to exeprience the same results on bother our cars.

Thanks.:patriot:

Honestly, I have never used anything that finished off as easy and as good as APW.

Thanks for your review Brian! Very kind indeed, and I look forward to seeing your car in person tomorrow morning:rockon:

10-4 Adam, look forward to seeing you as well. I will be there about 8 and can only stay until noon-30, gotta pick up the little woman at the airport in Burbank!

Brian, forgive me if I try and steal your car at the clinic... I really want a G8 but the wife won't let me get another toy, but if I steal one she has to let me keep it right?? :jester:

lol we might have a battle on our hands! The owner here offered me a trade for a Camaro and I would not even take that! I love my G8!

See you tomorrow, I have a LONG night of detailing ahead of me!

Well, I finished the first coat of the APW delivered today. I applied it to the balck Saab. It was so easy to use that I was concerned I was applying it incorrectly. Then I used the new white MF towel to remove the APW and buff, the results proved it was applied properly. What a deep, wet looking finish. I had only one question I need to research. How long to let the APW on before removing. I applied the APW to one section at at time and then almost immediatley, removed the wax.

This was the final stage of detailing which began last week, wash, clay, SHR, MP, MSW and today, wash and APW. Outstanding results! Tomorrow I will apply the second coat and then attempt to post pictures. So far, money well spent without a question. Thanks Adams Team.:cheers::cheers:

Hi Bob

Let it sit until it dries to a powdery haze similar to Buttery wax before removing. It should be just like wiping off a later of dust. If it smudges at all it is not ready. And make sure you put it on as thin as possible, multiple thin coats are better :2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs:

Bill

Thanks Bill. I am not sure I waited long enough but I will be sure to do that with the 2nd and maybe 3rd application. hopefully, pictures will be coming later today. i need to get a mountain bike ride in before the rains come again, then work on the Saab. Sorry, priorities!!

And where are our pictures :jester::jester::jester::jester:

Finally the pictures. The shots are at different stages of applying the APW, three coats. The final picture may qualify at the "Official Pet" but basically, he just loves to go for rides. Leave the door open for a second, Riley is in, ready to go.

I am very pleased with the results of APW, even though the pictures may not show the any justice to the results. I can't believe the mirror like finish over the entire car and extremely easy to apply. Next, the silver SKY.

Again, thanks to the Adams team and Bill's advice. This is my wife's car and I think I am out of the dog house for awhile.

Looks great Bob !!!!!!!

Did Riley get to go for his ride ?

I always have to detail again after a ride, they get drool all down the side of the truck :drool::drool::drool::drool:

Thanks Kevin. I know this is not a show car but it is my wife's DD for the past 5 years. It has been taken care of since day one but never looked this good until I switched to Adams Polishes. I can't say enough about the products and even though they are not inexpensive, this car will look like new for years, thus saving thousands over the years. Adams products are well worth every penny and having a happy wife is priceless. :patriot:

This afternoon I clayed and then aplied my first coat of Americana. I found two small problems. I use Adam's products and they all say it's OK to apply the product to the whole vehicle then wipe off. I found the best way for me is to do a body panel and then remove, no waiting. Second, ALL of Adam's products smell great, but this smells like old beer!

Bottom line, my Commemorative Z06 has never looked this great, drove 30 miles to show some club members and left the wax for a yellow wax project tomorrow! Great job guys!