Customer Service 866.965.0400

Quick Before & After with Mom's Five Hundred

GerryC

Yesterday was absolutely gorgeous outside and since I had the day off from work I decided it would be a great time to give my mother's 06 Ford Five Hundred a complete detail. I didn't take a lot of pictures because I already entered the contest and basically the pics would have been the same only with a different car...

This car has a LOT of exterior surface. It took almost as long to do this car's paint and glass than it takes to do the entire Vette in, out, and underneath.

So, this is what I started with...also never garaged and has not been washed since late October (16,700~ miles I think?):

fivehundred1.jpg

You can see that there is little to no reflection. The problem I find with silver metallic is that you can't tell that it's dirty until it's clean.

Upon inspecting the paint after claying (bar was completely useless afterwards) there weren't very many visible swirl marks, even when looking at the direct reflection of the sun. Because of the condition I used a 80% Revive + 20% Swirl&Haze on the white pad to save time, and it seemed to have done the trick

And... after machine superwax was removed:

fivehundred2.jpg

Closeup of metallic

fivehundred3.jpg

My father did his Silverado sometime during the week, so as I was waiting for the superwax to cure on the 500 I wiped it down for him since airborne pollen has begun rearing its ugly yellow head. I need to find out how he got an Adam's sticker before me....

silverado.jpg

Edited by GerryC