Customer Service 866.965.0400

Graphene Spray Coat in the mean time?

FULLBOWN

Question

Hey everybody, I bought a full advanced kit to coat my F-150. From all the reading and the time of year it is it doesn't look like I will be able to keep my truck free from moisture for 24 hours because of the dew this time of year in upstate New York and I don't have a garage that will fit the vehicle. I purchased a bottle of the spray coating, for other projects. I know that the spray coating has a substantially lower cure time than the full-on coating. If I were to use the spray coating until the warmer months of next year when dew is in a problem on vehicles, will it be a big pain to remove the spray or does it buff off easy enough? I'm assuming I would barely be able to tell if it was existing or not other than spraying water on it.  I really need to protect this before the winter but ultimately would like to do the complete job next year.

1 answer to this question

First, let me welcome you to the Forum.

I'm originally from upstate NY and spent years running between Corning, Buffalo, Rochester and Syracuse and you are correct that you are late in the year.  I would not recommend doing a coating up there this time of year unless you have a garage that at least stays above 50 all night.   In lieu of doing the spray coating for the winter, let me recommend using the Graphene Liquid Wax for the winter.  It protects well, looks great and it will last for months.   At some point this winter, you should get the normal warm spell and then you can wash the truck and reapply if it needs it.

A word of advice, use the Graphene Liquid Wax sparingly, if you try to use too much it smears and makes it hard of get off. You can do more than one coat if you choose and my recommendation is that if you do more than one coat, let the truck sit for day and then do the second coat.  Then in the spring you can do a strip wash, clay, correction and polish and then apply the Advanced Coating.