Customer Service 866.965.0400

Water spot remover

CrawlinTBSS

Question

What is the best Adams product for removing hard water spots? I do a lot of fishing and have a new black boat coming to me soon that I will apply the Advanced Spray Ceramic this winter. Looking for something to use as a wipe down spray for each time I get off the water and do a wipe down. 

Does Adams have anything that is vinegar / Acetic Acid based? 

Currently I use a 50/50 water/vinegar mix to wipe down and then finish with a detail spray. Its great at removing spots but was hoping maybe Adams has something similar I could use next season after my ceramic application. My home water is also well water which is hard water and leaves a lot of spotting after washes on truck or boat as well.  

Thanks

Edited by CrawlinTBSS

4 answers to this question

On 10/12/2024 at 5:55 PM, RayS said:

Hi Ryan,
I've had good luck with the Adam's Water Spot Remover, you can do the whole vehicle or small areas.  Sprinklers on a city water system are notorious for leaving water spots, at least in the south and the Water Spot Remover works well on them.

Thanks I will check out that one. Must have passed it up while scanning the site. I am looking for something that can be used for large quantities as I would be using it weekly. 1 small bottle wouldnt last me very long. Wonder if I can dilute it with water to get more use out of it. 

5 hours ago, CrawlinTBSS said:

Thanks I will check out that one. Must have passed it up while scanning the site. I am looking for something that can be used for large quantities as I would be using it weekly. 1 small bottle wouldnt last me very long. Wonder if I can dilute it with water to get more use out of it. 

In my opinion, this should not be used regularly. It is acidic and can damage your surface, using it over time when the water spots are not that bad is excessive. Start less aggressive and move your way up, using water spot remover as almost a last resort.

21 hours ago, falcaineer said:

In my opinion, this should not be used regularly. It is acidic and can damage your surface, using it over time when the water spots are not that bad is excessive. Start less aggressive and move your way up, using water spot remover as almost a last resort.

Greatly appreciate the insight. Sounds like not what I am looking for. I have a new boat coming that I will be doing the Advanced graphene spray on. Am I best to just stick with my normal water/vinegar mixture ? This is done about 2 times a week March - October when I am using my boat. So the wipe down process would be very often. Just didnt want the vinegar to mess with the coating, so thats why I was curious if Adams had something similar but the WaterSpot Remover sounds too harsh.