Customer Service 866.965.0400

New truck with black interior is a struggle to keep clean!

rrmccabe

Question

I don't think I have had a vehicle that is tougher to keep the interior looking good than this 2024 LTZ with black leather I just bought.  Would be nice to have an all in one product to spray the plastic, infotainment and chrome.  I know interior detailer and total interior cleaner is supposed to do that but it seems to add to the problem. I prefer the original interior detailer over the cleaner version as it seems to add a little more darkness.  I wish it would do more.

But the issue is when I do inside of truck it looks great after going back over it with a new microfiber but really smudges easy and is hard to keep clean.  I always try to grab the bottom storage compartment to close the door as touching it leaves hand marks.

Any suggestions?  I am thinking I might about giving it a good cleaning and using leather conditioner to see how it does.

Its more a truck problem that Adams problem. Never had issues before.

2 answers to this question

Hi Rich,
One my Chevy and GMC vehicles, I use original Adam's Leather Conditioner on all the exposed parts:  Dash, center console, seats, door panels, etc..  For the intotainment center and instrument cluster, I use Adam Glass cleaner if it gets real bad otherwise I use the original Adam's interior detail spray.

The wife's Denali has the heated and ventilated seats and I'm careful about applying the leather conditioner in a thin coat and have never had a problem with the vents.  For all the areas, I use one of the Red Premium Interior Dressing Applicatiors with the Leather Conditioner and then go over it with a borderless gray towel.  

I am going to try leather conditioner on everything next time.

I have never had an issue with the ventilated seats. I have liberally soaked them with the original leather conditioner. I have been using the new spray stuff and it works pretty good. I was hesitant to like the new stuff, but thinking its OK

The interior detailer and total interior cleaner work pretty good but as I said, I am having a hard time keeping it clean.