Customer Service 866.965.0400

Howdy from Texas!

Brand new to detailing, and want to learn all I can to protect my fleet of Dodge Chargers and Ram trucks.  My weapon of choice is with Adams Graphene Ceramic Coating Advanced.  Any education, tips, or suggestions are welcome!

Thank you!  I am currently trying to find info on how to use the clay mitt.  All of my cars are less than 1,000 miles.  They have a few very superficial scratches and swirl marks.  And the bug guts common to driving in Texas 🤦🏻‍♀️🦗🪲🦟🐝🦋🐞

I have a clay mitt and a ceramic advanced kit, along with multiple other Adams products.  I am trying my level best not to put the coating over small mars in the clear coat, but am paralyzed by fear that I'm going to screw the coating up.

Hi Amy,
Before you decide to Clay the vehicle with a Clay Mitt, you should start with the Baggie test.  This thread has been around a long time and the content is accurate. 

Once you complete the baggie test, you'll know if you need to use the mitt, get fine grade clay or maybe not need to clay at all.  Be aware that the mitt can add some marring itself and given that your vehicles are new, you may or may not need to clay, most likely you do, but why not make sure.  Before you clay, I personally highly recommend having at least 3/4 of a bottle of the original pink Detail Spray on hand.  If you don't have enough, you can order it or stop by your local Chevy or GM dealer since they usually have it in stock near the waiting room or where you pay for service.

The effort to get rid of the swirls and making it shine is in the polishing.  What level you need to do is determined by how bad the swirls and surface scratches are.  You didn't mention if you have a polisher or plan on doing the vehicles by hand.  Usage a machine is a whole easier, but the most important part  is doing a thorough job with the right pad and product and always going with the least aggressive option first.  

Adam's also has a You Tube channel with a lot of video's that are well done and informative on the processes and expectations.  I'll recommend that you take a look at some of them to familiar with the steps and options.  Here's a video from the founder himself about the clay mitt.