Customer Service 866.965.0400

CS3 and Spar Urethane

Now that pollen season and well past us, I went on cleaning frenzy in the garage and since I have plenty of the regular CS3, I decided to give it a try on on workbenches.  Since both workbenches are butcherblock and coated with Spar Urethane, I figured why not give it a try.  I used a couple of older towels since I had no doubt there would be some sawdust and other contaminents mixed in and not only did it clean very well, the benchtops look great.

I was a bit concerned about the workbenches becoming slippery since they are as smooth as a baby's hmm, yet that is not the case, they have the same limited grip as before.  I didn't realize that the main workbench was as dirty as it was since I brush it off on a regular basis, which tells me that CS3 really does pick up the grime that is stuck to the surface.  Plus the shine that was left after using CS3 makes it look as good as when I first built them, if not a bit more shiny.

The bottom line is don't be afraid to experiment with the products.  While I wouldn't use CS3 of a food surface, I know there are other places that I can in places that are outside of its  primary purpose.

As a side note, the rolling workbench is not finished yet, the sides on the end by the drill press will be covered to hide the blocks.

IMG_1988.jpg

23 hours ago, RayS said:

Now that pollen season and well past us, I went on cleaning frenzy in the garage and since I have plenty of the regular CS3, I decided to give it a try on on workbenches.  Since both workbenches are butcherblock and coated with Spar Urethane, I figured why not give it a try.  I used a couple of older towels since I had no doubt there would be some sawdust and other contaminents mixed in and not only did it clean very well, the benchtops look great.

I was a bit concerned about the workbenches becoming slippery since they are as smooth as a baby's hmm, yet that is not the case, they have the same limited grip as before.  I didn't realize that the main workbench was as dirty as it was since I brush it off on a regular basis, which tells me that CS3 really does pick up the grime that is stuck to the surface.  Plus the shine that was left after using CS3 makes it look as good as when I first built them, if not a bit more shiny.

The bottom line is don't be afraid to experiment with the products.  While I wouldn't use CS3 of a food surface, I know there are other places that I can in places that are outside of its  primary purpose.

As a side note, the rolling workbench is not finished yet, the sides on the end by the drill press will be covered to hide the blocks.

IMG_1988.jpg

Great looking benches Ray!