Customer Service 866.965.0400

Here we go again...Blue painters tape

BrianT

Question

Sorry for all the questions but I have a week off and I can't wait to start. Anybody taping off anything they don't want buffed or is it not a problem? I don't want a lot of white left over polish on my plastic. I will be using the PC.:pc:

I have even read where people will tape up the entire front end of their car before long road trips to keep the bugs off.

No marring from a standard bra and you do'nt have to worry about bugs etc the paint if they are on there too long...I imagine you would get some funny look but if it works!!

I have even read where people will tape up the entire front end of their car before long road trips to keep the bugs off.

No marring from a standard bra and you do'nt have to worry about bugs etc the paint if they are on there too long...I imagine you would get some funny look but if it works!!

Clear bras are the best, but I don't blame people for taping it up. It looks goofy but your ride will be rock chip free when you get there!

Blue painters tape works great for masking off Vinyl as well, as the SHR can be pretty aggressive, and may not be too great for vinyl. I'd cover any vinyl with the painters tape, so as to prevent accidents, plus you never know if the polish could work its way under the vinyl's edge. The painters tape adds that extra step of caution. :thumbsup:

Doesn't it bug you that you can see where the tape was and the paint is not corrected? Do you have to try to stay in the lines or can you just move the PC over the tape as if it was a painted panel? Will the PC tear off the tape if you hit it? Sorry for the dumb questions..

Doesn't it bug you that you can see where the tape was and the paint is not corrected? Do you have to try to stay in the lines or can you just move the PC over the tape as if it was a painted panel? Will the PC tear off the tape if you hit it? Sorry for the dumb questions..

You can move the PC over the tape just fine, though keep in mind that the polish/wax WILL force its way under the tape...but better then tape than your vinyl! If you take your time laying down the tape carefully, you wont be able to see the uncorrected paint where the tape was (unless you have some seriously jacked and swirled paint, in which case you better just peel the vinyl off and get it redone after correcting...). Hope that helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.