Customer Service 866.965.0400

Should I convert my PC to a mini i.e. 4 inch

Crooz1n

Question

I have a PC 7424p and am interested in the swirl killer. Rather than get the mini as well I wondered if I could just convert the PC.

Anyone done this?

Still on the fence for the Swirl killer as I just popped for a new weber gennesis grill so funding is a little low. This way I could sorta justify it as I could still use the PC not just shelve it.

10 answers to this question

I have a PC 7424p and am interested in the swirl killer. Rather than get the mini as well I wondered if I could just convert the PC.

Anyone done this?

Still on the fence for the Swirl killer as I just popped for a new weber gennesis grill so funding is a little low. This way I could sorta justify it as I could still use the PC not just shelve it.

I've heard of this actually in a different thread...I've also heard of patient using the P7424 for their headlights..

I picked up Rupes ES15 last year and was all excited to sell my PC. I then talked to a fellow detailer at Adam's detail clinic at Detailers Doman and he said to keep the PC as a 4" machine. I thought it was a great idea.

Is there an advantage to the sk mini with a 3"

Backplate vs a pc 7424 Xp with a 3" backplate?

The SK Mini has 12mm of throw while the PC only has 8mm of throw. I can't say if it is "better" but that would be the major differences. I imagine the PC might have a slight power advantage and higher OPM at 6800 max (SK mini is 5500 OPM max).

Edited by chops1sc

Is there an advantage to the sk mini with a 3"

Backplate vs a pc 7424 Xp with a 3" backplate?

The Mini will be smoother than the PC.  Also the body is smaller and the pad sits closer to the machine head, so it has a lower profile.  The PC is a very versatile machine (I used mine for the 4" pads for years), but the purpose built Mini is better.