Customer Service 866.965.0400

Out of Strip Wash

Geebee

Question

Got a small problem. I have a friend of mine that want's his car detailed like "yesterday".  I need to strip wash the car but I ran out last week and haven't order a replacement. If I ordered it now, it would take too long to get here. 

Anybody ever try taking Adam's Shampoo (1oz) and mixing it with Dawn (1oz) in the foam gun? I think that would raise the ph level to remove all the old was and junk on the car.

8 answers to this question

What level of detail is being done? If any polishing is done then I would just wheel cleaner decon in place of strip wash, wash and clay as normal then get to polishing.

Edited by SumBeach35

Agreed. If you're doing any clay or polish steps, strip wash is not needed. That's one product I have to say is not in my arsenal. I personally don't see a need for it, ever. If I'm doing a full detail, I'm claying anyways. If I'm not, then certainly wouldn't use it on anything.

Edited by galaxy

Hey Gary, what are you doing out there in the hot Nevada desert, you better not be drinking that strip wash. Since you're out of the strip wash you can also do a mix of rubbing alcohol and distilled water, for a paint prep wipe down, that will do the trick, also avoid using dish soap because it will dry out the rubbers and no not the kind you're thinking of, I'm talking about the one around the car.

Good Luck

Got a small problem. I have a friend of mine that want's his car detailed like "yesterday".  I need to strip wash the car but I ran out last week and haven't order a replacement. If I ordered it now, it would take too long to get here. 

Anybody ever try taking Adam's Shampoo (1oz) and mixing it with Dawn (1oz) in the foam gun? I think that would raise the ph level to remove all the old was and junk on the car.