Customer Service 866.965.0400

Foam cannon

Dwhite0960

Question

I got myself a foam cannon finally after getting a gc in my stocking. Anyone have any tips and tricks for it to produce thick suds. I'm sure it has directions but thought I would ask some first hand users what works best for them. It came with the strip wash but I also have the shampoo as I do not need to strip the wife's vehicle. I have a gas powered pressure washer with a max 3000 psi if that makes a difference. Thanks in advance.

5 answers to this question

Your pressure washer sounds plenty big enough.

Use 3-4 oz of soap and the balance water in the bottle. Mix well. Experiment with the adjustments...I set mine for maximum soap flow and a fan pattern. Stand back away from the vehicle a bit. One bottle of solution does my Suburban twice without any problem.

To add to LT1's thoughts.... don't be afraid to experiment with settings and products.  That's half the fun!

I'd use a little less product; more like 1 oz max in the mix bottle.   A couple of squirts, really.  Add water first, then shampoo.   Use warm/hot water in the mix bottle for better results when cold outside.

3000 psi is almost overkill for car washing.   That will add plenty of air to the cannon and produce a nice thick foam.   

Test out a few shampoos to see what you like best.   I have maybe 7-8 shampoos on hand and all perform differently with a foam cannon.  There are snow foams that are formulated for cannons.   Some mild shampoos don't produce a lot of foam, but enough to do a weekly light wash.    Others will stick to the car; some will fall off quickly.   

Some users foam the car, let it dwell, rinse off, then do a 2 bucket wash.   Other users foam, then start washing with the shampoo on the car. Try both processes.

Most importantly, have fun  :thumbsup:

Edited by BretFraz

To add to the comments above. I feel like the foam thickness depends on the hardness of the water. In my experiments, I found that I had to add about 4-5 oz of soap in the cannon with the warm water to have the foam thick and cling to the paint. This is using a 3100 psi gas unit as well. I live in Socal as a water hardness reference, if your water is softer I believe it will foam better with less cws. Hope this helps.

Thanks Jacob if that's the case I won't get any suds lol, I am on well water and could sell particles out of my water as a side business. I am slowly building this arsenal up for detailing and a water softener solution is on the horizon hopefully