Customer Service 866.965.0400

Rupes mini as a sander

Jason S.

Question

Anybody use their Rupes mini as a sander? I have a 3" inch foam interface pad and some decent 3" sanding disks. Thought it might make the headlight restoration process a little easier. Anything I should know before I try that?

4 answers to this question

The LHR75E Mini works great as a sander... we actually pair it up with our X-Cut foam backed abrasives for spot sanding of painted panels. It will be perfect for headlight restoration work paired up with the right abrasives. GO FOR IT!

Awesome! I have spoken, for the first time, to the one they call Dylan. On a related note to the Rupes mini, I unboxed mine today and noticed that the velcro on the backing plate is just ever-so-slightly off center. Not by more than a millimeter I would estimate. When I free spin the backing plate, it has just a slight wobble to it. I turned on the machine and it feels smooth, without any extra vibes or anything. To me, its not worth boxing and shipping back for a warranty claim or anything like that. If it becomes an issue, I can always order a new backing plate, but I just wanted to get your take since you work for the company. Thanks!