Customer Service 866.965.0400

after full detail wash,buff,wax can you apply h2o gaurd gloss?

tonymix17

Question

10 answers to this question

G&G goes on great after wax. It offers another layer of protection.

The question I would be asking is, "Is it worth it?" If this is the question, I would say no. G&G sticks best to other sealants. Putting a sealant on top of a wax significantly reduces the durability of the sealant.

That said, G&G is a very effective 'drying agent'. It also attracts less dust than Detail Spray. If you like it, there's no harm in applying G&G over wax other than decreased durability.

I've gone through two bottles of GG, What I have noticed is there's really no wrong time to apply it from a before wax after wax with without wax etc etc. It's as good at being a stand alone LSP as it is a topper or reload for an existing layer or layers. Works on Glass, Paint, Plastic, Wheels, etc. The only wrong time would be if you have just applied a good coat the week before and have a healthy layer of protection. What I am saying is it's rare but it can build up if you "over apply". Or if the paint is in bad shape, and needs claying etc, but that is obviously not a concern for you. Play around with it and see what works best for you. Just remember less is more and do one section at a time.

Edited by Junior

Good advice here guys.  So then I'm assuming it's not necessary to use a clay bar every time before you use the GG?  I can just wash my truck as normal and every 2nd or third wash use the GG?  

I personally use G&G about every 2 months (about 8 washes if I'm lucky) As far as clay bar I only do that if I'm going to polish the paint and reapply any sealant and wax. Think of H2O G&G as a "boost" for your protection be it wax or sealant.

im curious if you can after a full detail of a wash, clay, buff, polish, wax can you apply the h2o gaurd and gloss? or would it go in this order wash, clay, buff, polish, h2o guard, then wax? 

I wouldn't apply the H2O after a fresh coat of wax or PS, wait for about a month providing you are washing once a week.