Customer Service 866.965.0400

Fender Brush For Lowered Cars

zw470

Question

I had lowering springs installed on my Mustang and I've come across an issue... Even with the ridiculous factory ride-height I could barely get a fender Brush in the wheel wells to scrub them. Now with it even lower the brush won't go in at all. It's not a huge issue since so little of the wheel well is visible now but still, when I clean my car I like it all to be clean. Any suggestions?

E2AC7BBD-36FF-42F4-BD9F-22D78FCAC4CF_zps

19 answers to this question

Second on the Wheel Woolie, and I believe some people have even cut the bristles of the fender brush down to help it fit into tighter areas. But I couldn't give any advice with that as I've never personally done it, maybe someone will chime in about it.

Chop the bristles down on the fender brush and enter from the bottom - if that doesnt work - wheel woolie (dedicated)

Or just don't worry about it too much and spray some APC occasionally to break up grime and pressure washer the wheel wells - my wifes car is barely accessible in the front with the fender brush, and she has the carpet wheel wells in the rear - so I don't even use undercarriage spray anymore because its barely visible

I just turn the wheels with the steering wheel, clean the open area, turn again the wheels again, and get the other side. I find this to work on my charger, but the rears have a bit bigger wells then the front

Edited by 07r/t

I feel your pain; my pony sits low and has 20s. I do wheels / fender wells first. I start at the back wheel - so I don't lay in water - and move to the front. I use an old wash mitt for wheel wells and the fuzzy brush for the rims. The old wash mitt is susceptible to picking up crap from the wheel well and I don't want to scatch / worry about scratching my rims. Keep it simple .

When the new wheel brush came out a while ago I got one in a mystery box. I then started using the old boars hair wheel brush on my wheel wells. Very little clearance on my Ford Fusion but it works pretty well.

They are worth every penny.

I respect your opinion of course but I'm not sure why you think so. They're basically brushes that don't scratch sitting on bendable sticks to reach tight areas. Definitely not worth 45 bucks, especially if you will use them in an unconspicuous areas such as the wheel wells

My guess would be because the woolies are very versatile and durable yet very soft. You can hit the wheels, the barrels, the fender wells, the exhaust tips, the engine, the door jambs and trunk, and I am sure there are more uses. Probably the wiper cowel in some spots as well. And the Adams woolie is 25. I find myself using it pretty much every wash.

I bought one of those long handled cheap brushes (at $9, it's already 40% of the cost of a wheel woolie) for my wheel wells, and I regret it. The bristles are falling out or breaking off.

I bought a Woolie and haven't regretted it. It still looks almost new, and is still very soft. Should have bought the woolie to begin with.  

I respect your opinion of course but I'm not sure why you think so. They're basically brushes that don't scratch sitting on bendable sticks to reach tight areas. Definitely not worth 45 bucks, especially if you will use them in an unconspicuous areas such as the wheel wells

My guess would be because the woolies are very versatile and durable yet very soft. You can hit the wheels, the barrels, the fender wells, the exhaust tips, the engine, the door jambs and trunk, and I am sure there are more uses. Probably the wiper cowel in some spots as well. And the Adams woolie is 25. I find myself using it pretty much every wash.

This pretty much sums it up.  They have many uses besides wheels.  They don't have to be dedicated to one specific task as the brushes can be cleaned out rather easily.  I've used mine on wheels, wheel wells, the exhaust tips.  Never had any issues.  I clean my brushes out after every use.   

I had black wheels at one point and stiffer bristled brushes would marr the heck out of them.  The wheel woolies did not.  

They just clean so much better.

I had lowering springs installed on my Mustang and I've come across an issue... Even with the ridiculous factory ride-height I could barely get a fender Brush in the wheel wells to scrub them. Now with it even lower the brush won't go in at all. It's not a huge issue since so little of the wheel well is visible now but still, when I clean my car I like it all to be clean. Any suggestions?E2AC7BBD-36FF-42F4-BD9F-22D78FCAC4CF_zps

I use a old Microfiber wash glove, that way I can feel my hand all up in my wheel well to make sure I didn't mis a spot on my lowered truck. It works like a charm and makes the job a lot fast than any small brush. Then every few weeks I spray my wheel wells down with the good stuff from Adams.

Edited by ocdrifter