Customer Service 866.965.0400

Diluted Rinseless as Waterless... What towel?

stripesace

Question

5 answers to this question

I believe that is the recommendation. I use the waterless towel to remove the dust with the roll as you wipe method. Then I follow up with a plush towel to buff it out.

I do "roll as you wipe" and use an unused portion of the waterless towel to remove streaks. Once the car is done, I do a fast Detail Spray with a double soft to catch any (hopefully very minor) missed areas and streaks. I fold the double soft twice, wipe area with Detail Spray, flip towel and do a final buff.

Occasionally, the vehicle is wet from rinsing off grime deemed to much for waterless washing only. In that case, I have tried a Great White Drying Towel instead of the waterless towel. Being somewhat concerned the added water on the car may dilute the 16:1 rinseless as waterless too much, I'm thinking I may try a more concentrated dilution. But then again, rinseless  used as rinseless wash is not very concentrated. Thoughts?

I do "roll as you wipe" and use an unused portion of the waterless towel to remove streaks. Once the car is done, I do a fast Detail Spray with a double soft to catch any (hopefully very minor) missed areas and streaks. I fold the double soft twice, wipe area with Detail Spray, flip towel and do a final buff.

Occasionally, the vehicle is wet from rinsing off grime deemed to much for waterless washing only. In that case, I have tried a Great White Drying Towel instead of the waterless towel. Being somewhat concerned the added water on the car may dilute the 16:1 rinseless as waterless too much, I'm thinking I may try a more concentrated dilution. But then again, rinseless  used as rinseless wash is not very concentrated. Thoughts?

If you are rinsing the vehicle off why not do a full rinseless wash as the car will be less prone to scratching than the waterless wash... and a GWT and waterless towel are the same other than overall size, so it may help with soaking up the water but is no more or less scratch resistant than a blue waterless.  

If you are rinsing the vehicle off why not do a full rinseless wash as the car will be less prone to scratching than the waterless wash... and a GWT and waterless towel are the same other than overall size, so it may help with soaking up the water but is no more or less scratch resistant than a blue waterless.  

I think I will try your suggestion. I have a moderately good supply of single soft towels so maybe a "Gary Dean" rinseless wash would work well when the car is wet from being pre-rinsed.