Customer Service 866.965.0400

How often to use deep wheel cleaner?

terminator808

Question

7 answers to this question

As needed. Generally I wash 1x a week when the weathers good and soap/water is all it takes... but there are those times where life/schedule/family takes over and I might got a couple of weeks without a good cleaning. In those cases the brake dust is bad enough to justify it.

Also consider, some brakes are RIDICULOUSLY dusty (see: all german sport sedans) and the wheels are coated in brake dust in just a few days, on a car like that DWC becomes something needed far more often.

^I'm with Dylan its honestly how long the brake dust sits on the car, even when sealed if left on long enough it will start to bond to the wheel in which case DWC is needed to release it.

If you are regularly washing weekly or bi-weekly, even on German cars you should be able to get away with a DWC application for a deep clean, every 3-4 months, then just seal and maintain.

What most said.  As long as you didn't wait too long in between wash (a month or more), just some car shampoo is all it'll take.  Especially if you using something like Quick Sealant to seal it after wash.  The brake dust will be fairly easy to come off.