Customer Service 866.965.0400

DEEP WHEEL CLEANER SAFE FOR BILLET

Nctom

Question

9 answers to this question

I wouldn't try to use DWC on a raw billet wheel. It would likely etch the bare aluminum.

A case of know the facts before posting an answer :banana:

Deep Wheel Cleaner is pH neutral and perfectly safe for billet. It will never etch aluminum assuming you follow the rules:

DO NOT spray onto a hot wheel. DO NOT allow the cleaner to dry.

If you are extra concerned its always a good idea to do a small test area to put your mind at ease.

A case of know the facts before posting an answer :banana:

Deep Wheel Cleaner is pH neutral and perfectly safe for billet. It will never etch aluminum assuming you follow the rules:

DO NOT spray onto a hot wheel. DO NOT allow the cleaner to dry.

If you are extra concerned its always a good idea to do a small test area to put your mind at ease.

I stand corrected :cheers:

For some reason DWC always seems harsher than it really is. Maybe because of how well it works ;)

I always avoided it on certain wheels I own. Guess I'll play with it a bit on the Schmidts now....

Edited by TheBurninator

The ONLY area for caution, and this is really only with aftermarket, is matte powdercoat. DWC can leave a residue behind - so on matte powdercoat always test first. You should test first for the first use on any set of wheels, but if you don't test on any set of wheels but one, make sure its on matte pc.

I have a '16 Grand cherokee Limited 75th edition. It came with the 20" bronze low gloss wheels. Would the new Adam's Wheel cleaner (blue) be safe to use on this kind of wheels? [/quote

While I can't give you an answer as to how safe the wheel cleaner on those wheels because I've never seen or work on them but I really find it hard to believe that a brand new car has wheels that are so dirty to the point that you need the wheel cleaner to clean them. You should be able to clean those wheels with the car shampoo, water and couple of soft bristle brushes. The wheel cleaner for any wheel that's not super nasty with brake dust is an overkill in my opinion.

Edited by Fierce5

True. But some of my wheels has this white markings that im trying to get off. It looks like it came from a permanent marker (hopefully not permanent lol) and was wondering if the wheel cleaner would take it off.

True. But some of my wheels has this white markings that im trying to get off. It looks like it came from a permanent marker (hopefully not permanent lol) and was wondering if the wheel cleaner would take it off.

Have you tried spraying all purpose cleaner on a clean microfiber towel and see if they can be wiped out? If that's doesn't work then you're better off polishing them with a 4 inch pad and fine machine polish