Customer Service 866.965.0400

Detailing the underside of a Chevrolet Suburban

rrpalma

Question

Hello,

Yes, I'm that OCD, and plan to detail tbe underside of an almost new Suburban. I will actually get underneath .... I have applied some rubberized 3M undercoating to it....

So what products you suggest I use?

Thanks!

8 answers to this question

If its a daily driver, I wouldn't go too crazy with it. It'll get ruined pretty fast unless you plan on cleaning the underside every week. I would use All Purpose Cleaner and a brush to clean it up,  and a power washer if you have one. Other than that, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Thank you very much Gen9Rolla for your reading my post and your replying to it.

No, this is not a daily driver.  I don't mind spendig the time, though.

What kind of brush you suggest I use, and what kind of dilution ratio on the APC? Is the Adams Undercarriage spray good for this?

Thanks again!

When I did my wheel wells I used a couple different brushes. Mostly a tire and lugnut brush though. No pressure washer.

You can use Adam's APC at full strength or at 1:1

Undercarriage spray is a dressing for wheel wells. Good for after the car is clean.

For reference:

nhaXFddl.jpg

jHpMRF5l.jpg

Outstanding job, Burninator. Thanks for sharing.

Does anybody know if there's any "dressing" or protectant for the undercarriage?  Something similar to Chemical Guys BareBones?

I use Quick Sealant after getting my wheel wells to that point. Undercarriage spray is very similar to bare bones. Good for black plastics wheel liners. Doesn't last long in rain, etc.

Edited by TheBurninator

I usually cleaned my frame, wheel wells and Ect on my DD once a week. Until I got the undercarriage spray. I'm on 2 weeks and 3 decent rains and my frame that is very visible under the mid section of my TBSS still looks great. My only problem is I spray it on everything I've cleaned under there (used 3/4 of the bottle) and I don't have much left now. So I need to reorder more.