Customer Service 866.965.0400

Cleaning your Adams Fender and Wheel Brush

Guest washemup

Question

Guest washemup

I just got my Adams Ultimate Tire Kit, and really like the way my wheels, tires, and wheel wells look now.

I watched the video of Adam using these brushes and did spray a little APC on the brush after each wheel and rinse with pressure from hose.

All my brushes look good as new except the wheel well and tire brush. I have soaked it in 1oz APC in 1 gallon of hot water, and it still has residue, any suggestions?

post-12794-0-68612800-1429384313_thumb.jpg

8 answers to this question

Guest washemup

Use APC and a pressure washer, should clean it up better.

Alternatively, spray some MFR on there, its a bit stronger I believe.

I don't have a pressure washer but there is a pay and spray 3/10ths of a mile from my house. Could I used the foaming tire or engine cleaner they have there before using the pressure wand?

Guest washemup

I forgot I had this stuff. Goo Gone pro power. I actually got this to remove residue from two cowl decals on the hood of my car, and a dealership sticker on rear. I stumbled upon the AMMO NYC (Larry Kosilla) video of using an older microfiber cutting pad for doing this, and never used the Goo Gone. My brush looks almost new again!

post-12794-0-05093100-1429396095_thumb.jpg

Chonke, if you're using the Adam's blue brush, it's for tires not wheels. The red brush is for tires. The heavy grade nylon bristles on the blue scrub brush would be too harsh on wheels.

Remember to clean the fender, tire, and wheel brushes after each tire. A simply hose-off after each tire gets my brushes clean of contaminants and back to their original color for the next wheel/tire on the vehicle :)

If they don't come clean with just a hose-off, a quick dunk into my rinse bucket or a spray of APC or DWC will get them looking brand new again.

Edited by psu goat

@psu goat, youre right, i said that wrong. I use the red brush for the rims, and the blue one for the tires. However i tend to scrub pretty hard on the tires and i use all purpose cleaner on them. I like that all kinds of dirt washes away when i do this, but it does wear out the brush pretty quick.