Customer Service 866.965.0400

Claybar.. scratches?

DJJimGreen

Question

Hey all!

So, I recently got a new motorcycle and the time had come to give it a good claybar and wax. Well, I messed something up. Right when I claybarred the windshield, something happened. It looks like I marred it, but when I rub my hand over it it doesn't feel scratched, as much as it does that the clay residue somehow has gotten stuck to it. However, when I scratch at the marring, it doesn't budge and/or feel like a scratch or anything.

I've taken a bunch of different products to it and it looks like it's not coming off. Here' a pic, but even this just looks like a scuff and not what it actually is. How could a claybar do this? So weird.

11121778_10100667589716888_5219763760759

-Jim

Edited by DJJimGreen

So, my conclusion is... it's just some weird stuff that I can't fix completely.

I took the machine to it yesterday and I feel like it's not as messed up as it was, but it still looks weirdly stained. It's the weirdest. It just bothers me because I really have no idea what it is.

You sure its not on the inside of the screen?  LOL

So really, it looks like it's on the inside, so I'm definitely on the same page!... but it wouldn't make much sense. Unless it went through the screen and somehow formulated on the other side. However, just to test it out, I tried cleaning the underside too. No luck. :( The mystery will live on.