Customer Service 866.965.0400

Deep wheel cleaner

Vinipizzetta

Question

After an extremely harsh winter in the North East, I think some of my Adams products may have been effected by the low temps. I used the Deep Wheel Cleaner today and didn't get the blood red color after spraying on the wheels and letting it set up for a few minutes. The wheels were cool. Does anyone else have a problem in this area? Let me know. Thanks

11 answers to this question

Does it normally turn red on your wheels?  Some brake pads just have a low metal content meaning the cleaner will still clean, just not turn color.  Was there anything on your wheels such a mud that blocked the cleaner from directly hitting the brake dust?  Even with minimal color change, it is still effective.

You won't get as much color change if you don't have a high metallic content in your brake pads (most domestics). German cars will see the most dramatic color change.

The cleaner should still work wonderfully though.

Yep.  About a week later and they're covered again.  My Civic's wheels will look clean for months.

IMAG0793_zpsaqm8pl28.jpg

Temps will not have an impact on DWC's ability to liquify metallic contamination, so the most likely explanation is that the brake pads on the car you're cleaning don't contain a high amount of metallic particles.  Performance brakes, like those on european sports sedans, will have tons of metallic - the brakes on something like my Silverado had next to none.

Yep.  About a week later and they're covered again.  My Civic's wheels will look clean for months.

IMAG0793_zpsaqm8pl28.jpg

A WEEK later?!?!??!!?? LOL. Try a DAY later... After one medium length drive!! At least that's how my M5 is!

A WEEK later?!?!??!!?? LOL. Try a DAY later... After one medium length drive!! At least that's how my M5 is!

Well it usually only goes 4-10 miles a day.

I do work at a BMW dealer though. I know what you're dealing with. Although the new 2,3, and 4 series don't seem to be bad unless you step up to the M models.

BMW has the worst pad dust I have ever seen. The Mini cooper lasts about 2 days before they are black again.

It makes my Hawk HPS' look like stock Honda pads.