Customer Service 866.965.0400

trip from local car wash to the house before starting detail

Z06Seal

Question

My community doesn't allow cars to be washed, and even if I tried to sneak one in, there are no hose attachments near by my house. I'd have to bring one in from the kitchen via the faucet and that sounds like alot of work... (and a long *** hose that I'd have to buy lol)

That being said, there is a local car wash bay near my house. I figured I'd wash the car there (bring my own buckets, soap etc) and after drive the car home without even drying it. When I get home, I can wipe the car down with waterless wash and get to work on detailing starting with clay.

Is this something some of our members do? I can't be the only one facing this challenge!

I'm lucky I have a garage. Hopefully 3-4 more years and we'll have a home with a 2 car garage and a hose attachment so I can buy a pressure washer! lol

There's a firehouse across from me. I wonder if they'll let me wash my car there  :D

Edited by Z06Seal

I'd move too.  Told my realtor when we bought our house if I can't park both our cars in a garage attached to the house I don't want to buy said house.

EDIT:  And what Mike said below, learn how to Rinseless and GDWM!

Edited by Ricky Bobby

wow wow wow, hold on now! not moving so fast! LMAO There is actually nice wide driveway to wash the car, but no hose attachments. I'd do it on the weekends but like I said, the closest hose attachment from my kitchen would need a 100 ft hose lol.

Rinseless, Rinseless!  Wash the car in the garage, door open or closed.  You only use 3 gallons or so of water - way less than the neighbors that water their St. Augustine grass everyday.

I already do rinseless in my garage, or outside the garage lol. nobody has said anything to just "wiping" my car down. I'm not washing it! LOL sometimess rinseless might not be enough though. now since she'll be a garage queen, maybe it won't be so bad, but I dont know that yet.

I've seen some people even wash their cars inside their garages, but I won't do that. I have some stuff there that I don't want to get any water overspray on. stuff on the ground etc.

Edited by Z06Seal

I just realized I can disconnect my washing machine's hose and attach it to that instead. I would only need about a 50 ft hose in this case. I guess not so bad. I think what I'll do is try to do it on weekends early in the morning so the property management ppl won't see me lol. I will then finish up and disappear :D

Worst happens, I get a notice and I'll have to revert to plan B I guess lol.

I've dealt with similar stuff when I was living in an apartment. I've done full 2 bucket washes at the coin op before. Its not exactly ideal or cost effective, but it can be done.

I'd suggest coin op for spraying off heavy stuff then doing Rinseless as others have mentioned.

If your car is a garage queen I doubt it would ever be dirty enough NOT to do a rinseless wash in the garage.

There shouldn't be much overspray, you are just pre-soaking a panel with diluted solution, and wiping down with a lightly soaked MF towel.  Any drips on the floor can easily be squeegeed out, and like I said you can accomplish this with less than 2 gallons of water.

I've dealt with similar stuff when I was living in an apartment. I've done full 2 bucket washes at the coin op before. Its not exactly ideal or cost effective, but it can be done.

I'd suggest coin op for spraying off heavy stuff then doing Rinseless as others have mentioned.

Screw them. I'm gonna try and see what happens. If I get a notice in the mail, then I'll stop... until then we'll see what happens lol. FWIW, I actually never see anyone do it, but I do see people detail their cars all the time lol

If your car is a garage queen I doubt it would ever be dirty enough NOT to do a rinseless wash in the garage.

There shouldn't be much overspray, you are just pre-soaking a panel with diluted solution, and wiping down with a lightly soaked MF towel.  Any drips on the floor can easily be squeegeed out, and like I said you can accomplish this with less than 2 gallons of water.

no no, I was talking about an actual 2 bucket wash. I've washed the car in there before with rinseless and waterless. as a matter of fact, I'll do the rinseless outside. to the best of their knowledge, I'm detailing/wiping my car down. I think they just don't like the whole hose/spray water everywhere kinda gig....

I just realized I can disconnect my washing machine's hose and attach it to that instead. I would only need about a 50 ft hose in this case. I guess not so bad. I think what I'll do is try to do it on weekends early in the morning so the property management ppl won't see me lol. I will then finish up and disappear :D

Worst happens, I get a notice and I'll have to revert to plan B I guess lol.

Well what rule(s) do you have that says no washing of car/truck(automobile)?  If your aparment has its own watermeter your still paying for your own water that is being used.

Well what rule(s) do you have that says no washing of car/truck(automobile)?  If your aparment has its own watermeter your still paying for your own water that is being used.

eh, I don't remember word by word. But I do remember there was a rule when we came here because I asked wtf that was about and all I got was a "sorry" I'm sure worst come to worst I'll get a letter in the mail saying don't do it. 

we do have a water meter and I pay the waterbill based on useage. I'm not worried about rules as much as trying to figure out where to get water from. I'll just use the washing machine's hose connect and wash away until someone says not to do it lol

I can't stand the property management manager for here, but that's another story. she has this "I don't have time for you attitude" but in groups she's so nice. she should be a politician. ANYWAYS

Edited by Z06Seal

I just realized I can disconnect my washing machine's hose and attach it to that instead. I would only need about a 50 ft hose in this case.

Heck, get a splitter and put it in line, then you can leave the washer connected and have a hose ready to go.

Agreed. Emir sounds like a prime customer for rinseless washing!

Heck, get a splitter and put it in line, then you can leave the washer connected and have a hose ready to go.

Agreed. Emir sounds like a prime customer for rinseless washing!

Yeah, I figured I'll go to home depot, get a Y connector and a valve for the hose. then if I forget to undo it, wife won't be stuck doing laundry lol.

and yes, rinseless will probably be a way to go for the vette, but I still want to wash my daily drivers lol. 

I know there are a lot of stupid rules for some communities but this sounds crazy. Is it a townhome or apt.?

There is no way I could live in a place that would not let me wash my truck. Is it because they pay for water? How about watering your yard?

Before we got a garage we started out filling three 5 gallon buckets( one for the wheels and the 2 bucket wash), putting them in the back of the car and going to the coin-op. I usually went real early or late at night because some car washes do not like hand washing. I figured if I was the only there who would care. I actually had a real good routine down. I would drive home (1/2 mile) and then dry the car with the master blaster, drying towel/detail spray. We did this for two years. I was so used to the coin op that when we did get a garage with water it took about 2 months to get a new routine down.

I know there are a lot of stupid rules for some communities but this sounds crazy. Is it a townhome or apt.?

There is no way I could live in a place that would not let me wash my truck. Is it because they pay for water? How about watering your yard?

It's an apt community. We pay the water and community waters the yards.

Many places have many stupid rules. my last one didn't allow motorcycles or trucks LOL

That would be the best way to fix behind the washing machine. 

HOA are fun I was looking at a house and they had a rule that the garage door could be up long enough to enter or exit the garage, all others times it had to be completely closed (bottom of door touching the ground).