Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adamized the Raptor

TheWolf

Dan, I ordered my pressure washer today. I went with the AR630-TSS. I didn't see this model on Pressurewashersdirect website, but found they do make the AR630 with the TSS feature, in a cold water unit. I didn't think I would use the hot water setup, and saved $120 which helped cover the cost of the 50' hose (1/4 diameter), jumper hose and quick connect fittings. Found the 100' hose reel on Amazon for a good price. Hopefully I don't regret getting it over a 50' reel.

Look forward to getting everything and getting it setup and can start using it with the CRSpotless. Then when the cooler fall weather comes around start working on polishing my black Sierra crew cab.

I was going back through this tread and realized I never shared my tip to spraying Tire Shine.  With these truck tires, just spraying the applicator does not work to get it into the tread block.  To keep the product off the garage floor when I spray it onto the tread blocks, I cut a piece of cardboard so it fits around the tire.

20150208_160000.jpg

20150208_160015.jpg

20150503_105422.jpg

20150503_105841.jpg

To deal with the little bit of Tire Shine overspray that gets on the wheel, I apply Quick Sealant to the wheel first, and then wipe/level it with a Microfiber Utility Towel.  After letting the sealant cure out for a half-hour or so, I spray the Tire Shine and level it out with the Pro Tire Hex Grip Applicator.  When I am done with all four tires, I go back with the Utility Towel and wipe any Tire Shine overspray off of the wheel.  The fresh coat of sealant makes wiping off the Tire Shine overspray super easy.

After letting the cardboard dry overnight, I fold it up in thirds so it is easy to store.  I have been using this piece of cardboard for about a year now and it is still holding up well.

Some before and after pics of the latest "appearance" mods:

Switched out the chrome lug nuts for black ones.

20140726_091340.jpg

20150623_071103.jpg

Got rid of the stock stainless exhaust tips, which I never cleaned (shame on me), because I had planned to paint them.  Buying ceramic coated black ones was less work then painting.

20150711_120959.jpg

20150711_145334.jpg

Finally got rid of the blue oval emblem with the chrome bezel on the tailgate .  This one is a stock emblem and bezel that was custom painted to match the truck.

IMG_3414c.jpg

20150717_201310c.jpg

IMG_4818c2.jpg

Caliper and Rotor Hat Painting

The brake calipers and rotor hats were starting to rust, so I decided to paint them black, to match the wheels.

20150620_104454.jpg

20150620_104508.jpg

I used the Dupli-Color kit, which includes cleaner, paint and the brush with the silver handle.  From reviews of the kit, most found the included brush to be junk, so I picked up some better brushes to use. 

20150621_102236.jpg

In order to prep and paint all four at the same time, I put the truck on jack stands, with some cardboard to keep the floor clean.

20150620_191216.jpg

The brake caliper cleaner that came with the kit was almost useless, as the solvents dried almost instantly, leaving no time for scrubbing or wiping off the brake dust and grime.  After placing a tub under the area to catch the dirty liquids, I used APC to scrub with a couple small brushes.  To rinse, I used a sprayer bottle of hot water, and then used a sprayer with IPA for the final rinse.

20150620_141703.jpg

After allowing the areas to dry overnight, I used lacquer masking tape (really sticky) to mask off some areas.

20150621_102410.jpg

I applied two coats of paint to each area, waiting about 45 minutes between coats.

20150622_111830.jpg

20150622_111911.jpg

I was not happy with the amount of brush marks left in the surface.  The paint did not really lay down at all, and I have a lot of experience with coatings.  The paint didn't seem overly thick, like it was expired, but just did not level out.

After letting the paint dry overnight the wheels were installed.  With the wheels on, the brush marks were not too noticeable. However, I would not use a brush-on kit again, I would mask everything and spray the paint.

20150622_154559.jpg

20150623_071103.jpg

20150623_071056.jpg

Don't want to thread jack Dan's original post, but below is a photo of calipers also done with G2 paint.

I did not use the brush provided, but instead purchased both a 1" brush, which I then shortened the bristles on, and some smaller hobby brushes from a Sherwin - Williams Paint store.

Mine were a 2 day project, rears first, then fronts, as I took everything apart to paint, and also painted (sprayed) the rotor hats while everything was apart.

The wheels are Black Chrome, and really look good on the vehicle with the red calipers.

Best thing about G2 Caliper Paint, is it is "Made in America" and readily available in numerous colors.

post-12347-0-65396800-1439598639_thumb.jpg

post-12347-0-14986100-1439598679_thumb.jpg

Nice job Dan. Don't sweat the brush marks as your wheels don't really 'show off' the calipers. If you had wheels with bigger openings, then I'd tell you to do them again. Just my .02.

Thanks Phil. I agree, not enough shows, plus it would be a lot of work to sand out the brush marks in order to repaint them.

• 2 weeks later...

We want red Wedges, we want red Wedges, we want red Wedges, we want wed Redges, me want rad Wegies. :willy:

:jester:  :jester:  :jester:

and match my car!

hey, this stuff is important...

A red wash wedge would be amazing!!

then they better bust open the red markers.

Red would be awesome! *cough* DVK *cough*...lol!

RED WEDGES ARE HERE!!!

RedWedges.JPG

http://adamspolishes.com/adam-s-wash-wedge.html

• 3 weeks later...

Love the new red Wash Wedge!

20150920_122040.jpg

20150920_122935.jpg

I also tested the new Premium Dilution botttle against the Kwazar I have been using.  Before washing, I spray all the door jambs with distilled water to rinse out any dust.  The new sprayer has a stronger stream than the Kwazar, and seemed to spray just as much product, if not more.

20150920_110639.jpg

After the wash, I use a Waterless Wash Towel to dry the jambs.  While just using a towel gets most of the dirt and dust, I find that spraying first works good on the areas that are hard to get with the towel, like the insides of the hinges and the corrugations of the wire looms.  I use distilled water and not an actrual product like WW, because I don't have to be as careful with overspray on the interior. If I get distilled water on the seats or windows, it dries to nothingness.