Customer Service 866.965.0400

Saturn Sky (2009) question

LDTcapitan

Hey everyone I'm currently driving a 2008 Mercedes but because of some reasons I'm going to be selling it and I am getting a 2009 Saturn sky convertible (not sure if it's a redline)

I haven't actually seen the car yet but I was wondering if someone could brief me on mods I should definitely get (tune, exhaust, etc) or point me to a saturn sky forum where I could better ask members.

It's candy apple red and I can't wait to really detail the hell out of it.

Thanks!

Tony

I'm not sure about the modding, but enjoy that car -- I've always liked those. 

A side thought -- maybe keep it stock and pristine... those are rare now and may become semi-classics before not too long. Seeing one perfect and stock in 20 years would be pretty cool. 

If it has the 2.0 ecotec turbocharged engine, then it will be a very fun car with simply a tune. Not sure about sky forums, although performance auto werks and zzperformance offers parts and support

I happen to have a fairly, heavily modified 08 Sky Redline. First off, don't even think of buying it if it is not a Redline edition. The performance is far superior and the gas mileage is much much better.

Check out skyroadster.com for a great forum. DDMworks has great mod part available for you. And the GMPP tune is great.

My mods so far: Dejon Cold air intake and IC piping. (dejon is no longer in business) Replaced blown intercooler (Called a "charged air cooler" by GM), Cone filter. Flowmaster custom exhaust. RK sport hood and body kit. GMPP tune. Relocated HKS BOV, and a few other items. And some cosmetic mods. I am running under 14 second 1/4 mile times at 5800' in altitude.

DSCN6441.jpg

DSCN3061.jpg

I happen to have a fairly, heavily modified 08 Sky Redline. First off, don't even think of buying it if it is not a Redline edition. The performance is far superior and the gas mileage is much much better.

Check out skyroadster.com for a great forum. DDMworks has great mod part available for you. And the GMPP tune is great.

My mods so far: Dejon Cold air intake and IC piping. (dejon is no longer in business) Replaced blown intercooler (Called a "charged air cooler" by GM), Cone filter. Flowmaster custom exhaust. RK sport hood and body kit. GMPP tune. Relocated HKS BOV, and a few other items. And some cosmetic mods. I am running under 14 second 1/4 mile times at 5800' in altitude

Ditch the gmpp tune and you'll be running better times. I have hptuners pro if you have a want to use a remote tuner, I'm not confident enough in my tuning abilities to tune others.