Customer Service 866.965.0400

Top luxury car under 50k

Garsnow

Jeep Grand Cherokee with the diesel....Awesome vehicle for the money and it drives great!  Had two of the new body style Cherokees, one HEMI, and one SRT, and miss the great and easy to drive vehicle....  If MPG is less of an issue, go with the HEMI!  Otherwise, the horsepower and torque of the diesel can't be ignored, especially when combined with MPG..

Here is a nice rig on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jeep-Grand-Cherokee-NAV-REAR-CAM-2014-jeep-grand-cherokee-ltd-diesel-4-x-4-pano-sunroof-1-k-texas-/371064154675?forcerrptr=true&hash=item566525aa33&item=371064154675&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

Actually the platform was engineered on the Chrysler side and shared with Mercedes.  The diesel was engineered by VM Motori, a joint venture between GM and Fiat.  It's original purpose was to be installed in the European-modem Cadillac CTS.

The new 2015 Hyundai Genesis seems to give you a heckuva lot of features for the dollar with a top notch warranty. I worked in sales/finance for a Hyundai dealer up until last summer and can tell you their cars have certainly come a longggggg way. They still have some work to so (steering being the 500lb gorilla in the room with them) but you'ld be hard pressed to find a 'nicer' car for the dollar.

• 10 months later...

i know this sounds strange but you can get an older Benz S550 (around 2010-2012 models) for around $50k b/c owners are dumping them to get the new design which I think is the 2015 model, could be 2014, not sure.  A couple of our execs are doing this and I know they are getting them for maybe $51-52k with about 25-35k miles.  You want luxury, these things are badass

Agreed. I tried to get my wife to buy one, but she really wants 3 rows. I'd have no problems paying 40K for a 2010 S550 with 35K miles... I would afraid of maintenance and mechanical costs on it though.

We got a Q50 Hybrid which was 47,200. 360 hp v6 that can do 0-60 in 4.9... It also gets over 30 mpg on the highway (we get between 30-36)

Jeep Grand Cherokee with the diesel....Awesome vehicle for the money and it drives great!  Had two of the new body style Cherokees, one HEMI, and one SRT, and miss the great and easy to drive vehicle....  If MPG is less of an issue, go with the HEMI!  Otherwise, the horsepower and torque of the diesel can't be ignored, especially when combined with MPG..

Here is a nice rig on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jeep-Grand-Cherokee-NAV-REAR-CAM-2014-jeep-grand-cherokee-ltd-diesel-4-x-4-pano-sunroof-1-k-texas-/371064154675?forcerrptr=true&hash=item566525aa33&item=371064154675&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

Going to have the wife look at these too... Nice cars for sure. we really liked them when we test drove

Perhaps a VW CC V6 4Motion executive.  That way you have AWD, luxury, sport, and free maintenance for the first 24K or 2 years.  The only thing is it would need a DSG fluid change every 40K which may add up with how much you drive.

Or the Touareg R line.  Again, AWD, luxury, and not really sporty but still has some potential. 

Not trying to push VW, but considering those are their top 2 models, and they don't have the fancy badge, you get a lot for your money.

Love my CC 4Mo. It has a nicer build quality than the A6 I used to have and drives like a dream. And it has beaten out the Merc CLA in every review.

Agreed. I tried to get my wife to buy one, but she really wants 3 rows. I'd have no problems paying 40K for a 2010 S550 with 35K miles... I would afraid of maintenance and mechanical costs on it though.

I have not had to take it to the dealership yet.  I do all the service myself on it.