Customer Service 866.965.0400

SVRT and Mud Tires

tony97gt

Question

Ok guys with trucks and big tires, who's got the best way to apply SVRT evenly and get into all the knobs and stuff?

I've tried the hex applicator, old lug brush, block sponge, and milky spray. Nothing works that well. I posted in the "new ideas" section about making some sort of foam based SVRT if that's even possible. But in the meantime how is everyone doing this? I've got 35x12.5x20 Nitto Trail Grapplers and it takes me longer to SVRT them than to wash and ry the entire F250. sum-ting-wong-here

23 answers to this question

Tony I have the same tires as you but in 305/55/R20. I make the svrt milk 1:1 spray it on. Then I come back and smooth it out with a hex tire applicator. Works great for me.

x2.  The A/T tires on my Tacoma aren't quite as aggressive, but I get good results from the same method.

If you really want a nice and even application, I've found that applying regular SVRT with the hex applicator, let it sit for a few, apply a second coat using SVRT milk with the applicator, let sit for a few minutes, and then wipe the tire down. I did this on my old lady's Explorer over a week ago and they're still looking awesome (and that's going through a 74 mile daily commute to work plus whatever after).

My issue with the SVRT milk was it started slinging. Maybe it's too watery? My train of thought with putting it on top of a layer of already dried up SVRT is that it wouldn't adhere to the first layer of SVRT.

The freaking knobs on the tires eat up my hex applicator. Causes it to tear right where the grip stops and the pad starts. :angry:

The freaking knobs on the tires eat up my hex applicator. Causes it to tear right where the grip stops and the pad starts. :angry:

Use these instead.  For 2 bucks more you get 6 applicators instead of the one.  May not be as fancy, but they work.  

http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-43-adams-vrt-super-block-dressing-applicator-6-pack.aspx

Use these instead.  For 2 bucks more you get 6 applicators instead of the one.  May not be as fancy, but they work.  

http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-43-adams-vrt-super-block-dressing-applicator-6-pack.aspx

I agree, I love those blocks. You can cut them to shape to fit thin trim strips, angels, etc.

I agree, I love those blocks. You can cut them to shape to fit thin trim strips, angels, etc.

I second this. I like the blocks much better for applying SVRT to tires.

Being able to cut them down a bit makes them easier to use on low profile tires. And I can get dressing into the little area between the wheel and the lip guard on the tire on my setup easier.

I don't have knobby tires, but when I applied vtr with a paint brush on a w&w customers truck it came out nice. I'm sure there are faster ways but it didn't take that much longer. I just had to do small sections to make sure I got even coverage.

Interesting...  Anyone ever used this as a spray on for engine compartment or other area's instead of In & Out Spray?

Yes!  It is what folks used while I&O was on hiatus for a few years.  I&O is a little easier with an older car, but on the newer cars with all the plastic cladding SVRT milk works fine.

Yes!  It is what folks used while I&O was on hiatus for a few years.  I&O is a little easier with an older car, but on the newer cars with all the plastic cladding SVRT milk works fine.

I see some of the 36 oz SVRT going into an empty bottle with water next weekend!

Yes I actually use the SVRT milk on the entire engine bay, then go over it with a block sponge to knock it down and even it out. Freaks people out when they pop the hood. I save the In/Out spray for the plastic grill area of my wife's car.

Yes I actually use the SVRT milk on the entire engine bay, then go over it with a block sponge to knock it down and even it out. Freaks people out when they pop the hood. I save the In/Out spray for the plastic grill area of my wife's car.

Cool I was planning to do the same with the Engine Bay since I dont have any In/Out Spray, yet...