Customer Service 866.965.0400

Flex with PC foam pads

csrt4

Question

Hi,  I have a PC with somes new PC 7" foad pad (green, orange, black and white).  If i buy a flex, does I can use the 7' PC foam pad with the new tool ?  When I have buy the PC, the foam pad for PC and flex was different.  The foam pad for the flex was plain.  Now, I see that the new gen PAD was working with PC and Flex, but what is different from the old PC foamd pad ?

Thank you,

Steve

8 answers to this question

The previous version of the PC pads had a hexagonal design and the Flex pads were flat.  If you have those, the PC pads will not work on the Flex.  The newest design has a wavy face that works with both the PC and the Flex.

The previous version of the PC pads had a hexagonal design and the Flex pads were flat.  If you have those, the PC pads will not work on the Flex.  The newest design has a wavy face that works with both the PC and the Flex.

There is an explanation why the hexagonal pad don't work with the flex ?  Hexagonal is more similar to flat that a wavy face !

I have seen this kit and probably buying the flex was the combo with new MF pad.  But I would like to know if I can use the old pad because I have some new in stock.

The new foam pads are 6/5 inches and can be used on bot the Flex and PC.  I believe the old pads were 7 inch for the PC and 6.5 inch for the Flex.  thus the old PC foam pads are too big for the flex.  

I am not 100% sure on that, but that is what I believe to be the difference. 

on the web site, the gen4 foam pad are 7 inch. The new MF pad are 6.5. it didn't make sense, the Flex are more power tool than PC.

The new foam pads are 6/5 inches and can be used on bot the Flex and PC.  I believe the old pads were 7 inch for the PC and 6.5 inch for the Flex.  thus the old PC foam pads are too big for the flex.  

I am not 100% sure on that, but that is what I believe to be the difference. 

This reason for not using the hex cut PC pads on the Flex is not the size but the cut pattern on the pads. The hex cut acts like a tire tread on the paint surface gripping it and causes you to constantly fight the Flex for control.

This reason for not using the hex cut PC pads on the Flex is not the size but the cut pattern on the pads. The hex cut acts like a tire tread on the paint surface gripping it and causes you to constantly fight the Flex for control.

Thank you for the answer.