Customer Service 866.965.0400

Finally Getting Started - A Few Questions

DonJuan692006

Question

So I finally dove in and bought the Cyclo Ultimate Kit and I'm trying to get my game plan together. My first question is about all the microfibers. What do you guys recommend for "breaking them in"? I've read that using them straight out the plastic is a nono but I'm not sure how to go about an initial cleaning. I planned on running them through my HE washer (with the MF Revitalizer) and then tumble drying them with no heat as my regular cleaning. Should I do that before the first use or is there a better way?

I noticed that in Adam's videos they have a foaming spray nozzle for the wheel cleaners and APC but from what I can tell (all the sprayers look the same) the kit didn't come with any nor could I find them to order separately...any insight here?

I tried out the Turbo stick tonight and it kept popping out of my drill. I have a smaller one with a built in chuck so maybe its not torquing down enough? Any one else have the same problem?

Unfortunately a full detail will have to wait as I need to get my garage cleaned up/rearranged and the heat lately has been brutal. It also doesn't help that the front of my house faces west so sunlight is blasting my house for the majority of the day.

That's all I can think of for now but I'm sure more questions will come.

post-10752-0-49596900-1375757152_thumb.jpg

6 answers to this question

Just run the MF towels through a Rinse cycle to remove anything that 'stuck' during manufacturing or storage/shipping.  Your choice on how to dry them - air dry or in the dryer on Low.

Thanks for both the replies. I'll run them through the wash tonight. I thought the sprayers looked white in the bottle pics if you order them individually. I didn't receive any in the kit though for sure then. They do show the foaming sprayers in the kit picture though so I'll hit the sales guys/gals up and I'm sure they help me out there.

And so it begins. We got a good bit of rain and then a lot of sun which made for a very dirty car. What started as just a wash turned into a strip wash and starting to clay. I managed to get the upper half done and will pick it back up in the morning. Quick question on that. Since she'll be sitting in the garage and I'm just going to be claying first, do I need to run over it with WCW or DS before I start back up? I did manage to get the outter face of the wheels cleaned up nicely and sealed. The inner hoop and fenders will have to wait until I free up my jack stands to take the wheels off since they're both pretty bad and would take forever with the wheels on. The plan for tomorrow will be to get the trim cleaned and dressed, dress the tires and face melt the wheels, and finish the clay job. If I'm feeling up to it I'll be breaking out the Cyclo for the polish one-two punch, followed by sealant, and finally face melt and Americana on Saturday. Would you guys suggest sealing/glazing the windows before or after polish/wax?

On a very good note, this was the first time my car has seen this much care (or any car I've owned) and I've learned to relax and not stress over what I'm doing.