Customer Service 866.965.0400

Maintaining Side Stripes on my Challenger

csrt4

Question

Hi,  I just change my Caliber SRT4 2008 for a new Challenger 2013 R/T Classic.

My car is white with 2 side stripes red and I would like to know what can I do to maintain it in a good shape ?

I would like to put Machine Super Sealant on my car and Americana Wax and I would like to know if I can put or not some MSS or Wax on it or if I must protect it before applying MSS and/or Wax ?

When I wash my car there is some information I need to know about the stripes to keep the look good ?

Thanks,

Steve

Here is my new ride:

WP_20130708_004-1.jpg

6 answers to this question

If the stripes are above the clearcoat, like they are decals applied to the surface, then check out the video in this topic. All you need to do when waxing the car is use some quality masking tape to protect the edges of the stripes, so you don't get wax built up along the edge.

If the stripes are painted on and underneath the clearcoat, simply treat it like the rest of your paint.

I've never seen the red stripes on a Challenger before, they look really sharp on white  :glasses:

If the stripes are above the clearcoat, like they are decals applied to the surface, then check out the video in this topic. All you need to do when waxing the car is use some quality masking tape to protect the edges of the stripes, so you don't get wax built up along the edge.

If the stripes are painted on and underneath the clearcoat, simply treat it like the rest of your paint.

I've never seen the red stripes on a Challenger before, they look really sharp on white  :glasses:

Thanks for the link. 

The red stripes are not paint but installed from factory.

I agree with you for the red stripes on white, it's a great combination.

I polish, seal and wax over my stripes.  No buildup on them.  I like the way they look waxed.  Be careful with clay though, it will definitely stick in the edges.

When you polish, seal or wax over the stripes, do you put some blue painters tape on edges ?