Customer Service 866.965.0400

The Cyclo Debuts Tomorrow...

Team Adam's

Question

Well forum friends, as promised the Cyclo and the 4" microfiber pad systems will be making their debut tomorrow! After working with this tool extensively over the past few months, fitting it with our 4" plates, and testing it with the new polishes, foam pads, and microfiber pads we're very excited to see it finally made an official part of the Adam's line. 

post-1228-0-92853100-1372721419_thumb.jpgpost-1228-0-52083000-1372721860_thumb.jpg

post-1228-0-06424000-1372721811_thumb.jpg post-1228-0-49900300-1372721820_thumb.jpg

Some of you may have heard, the long tenured Porter Cable has reached the end of its run with us. Production of the tool has begun to shift to China, meaning we will no longer be offering the tool... BUT DON'T WORRY! We will continue to support the PC with pads, plates, and products compatible with it as it is still the most widely sold and used tool in the history of the polishing business. If you purchased your Porter Cable thru us we will continue to honor the lifetime warranty as well. 

With this launch we finally also get to reveal the entire updated machine polishing video. We looked back at all the input we had gotten on the last few series of videos as well as paid attention to what questions were asked most common when customers were shopping for a machine and added chapters or scenarios to address those questions. Have a look at the complete video series here: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4ju56j0wCCVIDhcVxoV_kUe1cATiKn_D

Our chapter on the machine differences is one thing we definitely were happy to shoot. One of the most common questions is "why this machine over that machine?" or "whats the difference?". Hope this helps explain:

Enjoy the videos, and stay tuned tomorrow as the Cyclo and 4" Microfiber Pad System is made available for purchase for the first time. 

Edited by Dylan@Adams

Great news!!

I didn't realize the PC was now being made in China :mad:

As we understand it, the head assembly and a few other parts started being made in China a few months back. You'd really have to look at the tool in some weird places to see it.... the rest of the tool started to be made there more recently, the boxes now display the country of origin as China, sadly. 

It had a good run, and I won't take anything away from the PC. Many of us learned about polishing by getting our hands on one... we just won't support the move to manufacture overseas. 

This isn't your grandmothers egg beater, but maybe Cyclo has an attachment for it.

I replaced my PC with the Cyclo to polish areas that I would normally hit up with the PC and 4" pad and has save me a ton of time.

It looks like as of right now you can only buy the pads in a 2 pack (same color), which I assume is in conjunction with the needs of the Cyclo. Will these will be offered for sale singly, for those of us that have the PC? Or in a two pack, one of each color?

The Cyclo polisher definitely has it's place, and to be honest I find myself using it more and more.  Not as the main machine, unless I am just rocking a polish out real quick....moreover as a machine to assist the Flex when I can't reach the areas I need with a 7" pad.  The fact it doesn't vibrate your arms like a jack hammer but it still effective really makes this a GREAT TOOL to add to your lineup.

Never mind I found it.

Cyclo -9 Lbs.

Flex -7.7 Lbs

PC- 6 Lbs.

I went to each manufacturer's website and found Cyclo: 6.5, Flex: 5.75, PC: 5.5. The specs you have sound like the shipping weights (i.e. packaging, etc included).

Looks kinda cumbersome to me... but I guess it may be decieving since they are only 4" pads.   I'd like to try one out!

Looking at it you'd think it would be, but honestly it gets into more places than the PC or Flex can with a large pad. Hard to understand until you get your hands on one and use it, but it does surprisingly well at getting various parts of any car. 

I havent used my PC since I've had the cyclo around.  As Dylan said, it looks cumbersome, however once you realize you can get the pads into smaller places than you could the larger pads it becomes pure awesome.  Being able to polish the pillars, rear bumper and other small confined areas is a BIG bonus of the cyclo. 

The biggest WIN for the Cyclo is the reduced vibration... It's really nice to finish an entire car and not have numb hands and arms.  It's really an easy machine to operate.