Customer Service 866.965.0400

What do I need?

LukeHlawaty

Question

I know you guys might get sick of this question but I'm going to be placing a big order (hopefully soon) and wanted some input. By the way this is my first post but i've been stalking you all on the forums for some time but now I officially want to join the party in here.

This is what I'm thinking about ordering.

New 2 step polish with foam and microfiber pads and the machine super sealant

I have a black 09 Lexus IS250 and a victory red 06 Chevy Silverado so I want a combination that will work with both but still give me (when I want it) that POP. I heard the MSS is decent but I was wondering what combination PAST this should I get?

I was thinking Brilliant Glaze + Some sort of wax to go on top of the MSS. To much? Can I do Brilliant Glaze underneath the MSS to "lock it in"?

Any input you guys could give me would be awesome. I already have quite the collection of Adams stuff from Mystery Boxes and past orders. I have

APC, DS, Shampoo (duh), Waterless Wash, and VRT. I'm going to probably order some TID to the order as well so I'll be set with interior and exterior. Thanks again everyone!

3 answers to this question

Welcome

You do not want to put anything between a sealant and the paint. Sealants need to bond to the paint in order to maintain their durability (a coat of MSS lasts about 6 months). Otherwise, the life of the sealant will be subject to the life of whatever is underneath it, and glaze does not last long at all (it's more of a "beauty product"). You can certainly put the glaze on AFTER the sealant for that extra POP. Many people will do sealant, glaze, wax for the ultimate in protection & dripping wet shine. You can go with either the liquid Buttery Wax, or the APW. If you aren't sure which is for you, check out this post.

Thanks Gerry! Some good info in there! That's what I thought I had to do I guess I just have beginners nerves and wanted to double check haha.

Now both my cars are daily drivers. So I might just get both waxes. (Because my truck doesn't fit in my garage and it's like 100+ out here in CA right now.)