Customer Service 866.965.0400

New Here, and new to washing the car (Properly)

DRUMSBH

Hi Everyone!

I purchased the Adam's Essentials Detail Kit over the winter and decided I should sign up for the forum to actually know how to use my product.

Already from signing in I can see familiar usernames from other forums I frequently go to (G8 Forums).

I hope to find knowledge on PROPERLY washing/detailing my car, including using the full detail kit I purchased. I would say my experience with washing cars is very novice. I have washed my car and waxed it, but still say that I'm novice.

I am wanting to become someone who understands the products and knows how to use them, and more importantly, in what STEPS to do everything in.

Sorry for a long and winded intro, but just wanted for everyone to know where I am at, and what my current comfort level is.

Thank you,

Drumsbh

Hey Brent,

Welcome to the Forums.  I was in your same situation about a year ago, when I first started using Adam's products.  Learned how to do a proper two-bucket wash, and took off from there.  Now a year later, I am up to machine polishing with the Flex, and get a lot of pleasure out of having the tools to do the job right.

For sure you want to watch the full set of videos.  Read up on the Forums, and post up your questions.  This is a very friendly group of folks, and you will be amazed how many people will step up with advice.

Enjoy the process.

Cheers

Todd

Hey Brent,

Welcome to the Forums.  I was in your same situation about a year ago, when I first started using Adam's products.  Learned how to do a proper two-bucket wash, and took off from there.  Now a year later, I am up to machine polishing with the Flex, and get a lot of pleasure out of having the tools to do the job right.

For sure you want to watch the full set of videos.  Read up on the Forums, and post up your questions.  This is a very friendly group of folks, and you will be amazed how many people will step up with advice.

Enjoy the process.

Cheers

Todd

Thanks for the reply Todd, its good to know that theirs hope for me yet. haha. I will keep everyone posted on how it goes after I watch the vids and apply my new knowledge to my car.

-Brent

Well, I washed, clay barred, used the swirl remover, revive hand polish, buttery waxed, vrt, and completely used all my detail spray. Car looks good for the most part. B

It was a long day, took awhile. I do think it's worth it. I made some rookie mistakes that wasted my detail spray and I'm sure I'll make some more next time. The good thing is I have the confidence to use all the products I purchased.

Quick question...

When I get done washing and use the detail spray, could I actually start claying before drying.

What I did was wash, then dried, then used detail spray then dried, then clayed with spray. Thats where I went wrong.

What does everyone do with the hand polish hexagons? Do you rinse them out or leave them since it's only that product used on them?

If I am going to clay, I won't even bother with drying the car completely. Knock off most of the water using the "sheeting" or "pooling rinse" and then just start claying. Saves DS, time, and your towel.

Definitely clean out your hex applicators after each use, especially the polish/wax ones. Use some APC or Dawn dish soap and clean/rinse them thoroughly. If you let polish or wax dry in the pad, it will dust like crazy next time you go to use it.

If I am going to clay, I won't even bother with drying the car completely. Knock off most of the water using the "sheeting" or "pooling rinse" and then just start claying. Saves DS, time, and your towel.

Definitely clean out your hex applicators after each use, especially the polish/wax ones. Use some APC or Dawn dish soap and clean/rinse them thoroughly. If you let polish or wax dry in the pad, it will dust like crazy next time you go to use it.

Just cleaned them out. Thank you very much.