Customer Service 866.965.0400

New Paint and what Adams products can be used??????

Green Machine

Question

Has anyone put together a chart or cheat sheet as to which Adams products can be used on recently painted vehicles before the actual curing is complete. I know about detail spray but I am wondering about claying and revive in particular but a whole list of what can and can't be used will be helpful???? Thanks I tried search and couldn't come with anything. Thanks

2 answers to this question

Every paint finish and body shop is different, so there are too many variables to say for certain "this product can be used immediately" or "that product can be used after x number of days"

The general rule of thumb is wait 60-90 days before sealing or waxing. Anything else is fine, AFAIK, since body shops will buff the paint immediately after it's dried anyway. You just can't lay down a barrier of wax/sealant until the paint has had the time to outgas.

Personally, I just wouldn't touch it with anything except WW or DS. No point in polishing paint that you can't protect afterwards.

Thanks Gerry I know about the polishing after the time allotted to cure. Just wondering if revive can be used to clean? just wondering I guess what kind of products will affect the curing process?obviously sealant,wax and others what can't be used products with polymers,silicones etc etc?????