Customer Service 866.965.0400

Reality TV, Car Shows, & The Horrendous Quality of Details

Team Adam's

I met Chip several times at the SEMA show, and he always seemed genuinely happy to be there interacting with people. His "handlers" had a hard time keeping him moving because he'd stop and talk with anyone.

I also met Boyd once and he was the total opposite. During his autograph session he'd just sign without really saying anything, and he didn't smile for anyone's picure.

YEP!  Boyd was a genuine a-hat!   

I got to meet Dennis Gage from "My Classic Car" and Wayne Carini from "Chasing Classics" earlier this year and they were both very pleasant and accommodating.  

Kind of reminds me of the Sema show, a lot of the vehicles are laughable. There was a camaro at the sts turbo booth a few shows back. While everyone was obsessing over the mirrors under the propped up car showing the remote mounted turbos we were in aww over the hangers all over the car. A pack of razorblades was in store for that car.

My wife is always pissed when I pause our dvr to show the bad swirl marks on brand new paint jobs from shows like Counting Cars.  It just amazes me how they spend so much time with these extravegant paintjobs only to have their "detailer" scratch up the paint with crappy  towels as they present it to the customer.