Customer Service 866.965.0400

Headlight question?

99xpltd

Question

Is there an updated process or products for removing haze from headlights? I have been looking at this post http://www.adamsforums.com/topic/23909-headlight-correction-2004-subaru-forester/ but know some of the products are no longer available.  I’m looking to forward to fixing my wife’s 2011 Subaru Impreza.

Short list of items I think I will need

Masking tape

Adam’s 4” focus pad for the drill

Pads??

Clay bar (have ¼ bar left have to order some more)

Detail spray (have)

Waterless wash (have)

Towels (have)

Thanks for the help everyone

6 answers to this question

You'll want to get their new two step polish "correcting" and "finishing" polish.

If you don't want to buy both and the headlights aren't that bad, just buy the "finishing polish" and use the focus pads on a drill and hammer them out.  You'll be amazed how quickly you can make them look new again. 

Wash vehicle (or at least headlights)

Clay

Tape off area around headlights

Polish with focus pads (Orange first and then white)

Remove polish with polishing towel

Wax (I suggest QS for longevity)

Stand back and admire! 

Thank you for the response. The lights are not bad at all just want to get them done before they get any worse. Will start working on an order and since its for the wife’s car hmm maybe I can order a few other things. J

One more quick question. Would Revive do the same thing? I do have a bottle of Revive.

Thanks

Justin

Revive will do a little, but that's mostly due to the foam pads cutting ability.  The correcting or finishing polish is your best bet. 

This won't be the only time you do them.  They'll need it again, unless you clear coat them. 

Christopher your right about not being the only time. Weird that the Subaru is a 2011 and hazing up already. My 2008 GMC's lights look  new still. I will give the Revive a try but also order the 2 stage stuff. I'm sure I will use it. 

Thanks

Justin