Customer Service 866.965.0400

Detailer Frustrations

Dura13

Washed the truck today, finally!

For those that have larger vehicles, you know what a investment in time it is. Now I may be slow, but it currently takes me about 2 to 3 hours just for the exterior.

Unfortunately for me, it does not fit in my garage; as it is too long and between the car, motorcycle and other stuff it wouldn't fit anyway...

After washing it, we had a light rain. While that was frustrating, It wasn't a big deal because I noticed the weather system pushing on to the east, so broke out another GW and the detail spray and re-dried it...

Bloody storm cycled around, and now I sit here watching all my hard work go to pot...

arrrrrrrgh!

I hear you, especially not being able to use a garage. It's a battle to be working against so many uncontrollable factors like daylight and the environment.. I waxed my G8 yesterday after a long cleaning session, started on the hood and worked my way back - got halfway done waxing and a bird bombed smack dab in the middle of the hood.

Luckily, I have all the factors in my favor, it never rains here in the summer, I have a 3 car garage and I have relatively small vehicles except for the van.  I feel your frustration though Andrew! 

I too have a garage but unfortunately it is too small for my car (plus everything else in there - lawn mower, snow blower, work bench, power washer, golf clubs, garbage/recycle bins).  My biggest peeves are

-dew - which of course the dust sticks to, then it dries/evaportates leaves spots

-dust that accumulates on the flange of my rims...car will be sparkling and a quick drive puts a load of dust just next to each spoke.

Same issue here with the truck. The 55 and the 350Z currently reside in the garage, so it sits outside. After all the time and effort washing that beast it is very frustrating when nature does her thing.

I'm with ya.   Same issue my truck is too tall for the garage.    I buffed out my truck twice.  Each time it sprikled on me.  I'm lucky to get 2 days before its dirty again.   Recenlty I've had to deal with the 5 million whirrly birds off the neighbors tree.  Luckily my wifes Mustang and my Buick have a nice spot in the garage.   Hoping to move in the next couple years.  3+ car garage is at the top of the list.