Customer Service 866.965.0400

msw second coat

Fit08

Question

What are we doing when applying our second coat of MSW a few days later?

This is what I'm thinking for a DD 24/7 outside car. Wash then revive and apply second MSW coat.

The reason for the revive is to make sure paint is clean as on my white car even after a good wash and good clay when I polish you can see the difference in polished area verses not ("gray") looking compared to "white".

So I'm thinking a revive wipe down, what you all think?

8 answers to this question

You are thinking about the next day wipe down. MSS has a tendency to outgas additional residue over 12 hours or so after being first applied, which needs to be wiped before layering anything else (wax or sealant) on top of it, otherwise you may see some cloudiness between the 2 layers.

Also keep in mind Revive Polish will remove any wax or sealant you have on your paint, so if you are doing a treatment with Revive, do it before the sealant.

You are thinking about the next day wipe down. MSS has a tendency to outgas additional residue over 12 hours or so after being first applied, which needs to be wiped before layering anything else (wax or sealant) on top of it, otherwise you may see some cloudiness between the 2 layers.

Also keep in mind Revive Polish will remove any wax or sealant you have on your paint, so if you are doing a treatment with Revive, do it before the sealant.

Revive, I was wondering if it would strip the wax/sealant good to know.

SO, if we were going to layer a wax/sealant (second coat) I take a wash would be enough to have the paint clean enough for another coat of wax/sealant correct.

uhmmm, cause that's what is recommended by the collective ?? Unless I'm thinking more of Americana now that I think about it.....

The collective is here is two coats of Americana. Sealants are a harder form of protection than wax, and rarely need more than one coat.