Customer Service 866.965.0400

First time using the pc, have a few questions.

GsrJake

Question

So im using the pc with the 2 step paint correction system, swirl remover, severe swirl remover, then polish, then machine wax. I have a lot of swirls in my hood and I used the swirl remover first at speed 5 then severe swirl remover at speed 5 also. Im not getting the results I want and I can still see some swirl marks. I have repeated these steps and im sure ive been using the right amount of pressure, any ideas on what I could do? Any help would be great, thanks. Ill post pictures up in a little bit. 

post-9919-0-35240400-1371507861_thumb.jpg

post-9919-0-41301500-1371507869_thumb.jpg

post-9919-0-31259600-1371507880_thumb.jpg

post-9919-0-85583800-1371507891_thumb.jpg

post-9919-0-22010400-1371507907_thumb.jpg

Edited by GsrJake

9 answers to this question

You should always step down the aggressiveness when polishing. If you are using SSR and SHR, SSR is more aggressive and should be used first, followed by SHR, and then FMP.

Make a line either on your backing plate or on the top of your pads so you can see how fast they are rotating. This is helpful in determining how much pressure you are applying while you work. The pads should be rotating once every 5-6 seconds. Make sure you move slowly over the panel so the polish and pad can do its job. Check out

for proper technique.

What kind of vehicle are you working on?

You should always step down the aggressiveness when polishing. If you are using SSR and SHR, SSR is more aggressive and should be used first, followed by SHR, and then FMP.

Make a line either on your backing plate or on the top of your pads so you can see how fast they are rotating. This is helpful in determining how much pressure you are applying while you work. The pads should be rotating once every 5-6 seconds. Make sure you move slowly over the panel so the polish and pad can do its job. Check out

for proper technique.

What kind of vehicle are you working on?

Thanks for the advice, yeah I was doing it the other way around. Its an 08 Evo X, rally red metallic

With the right combination of product the PC can give you outstanding results, just make sure to take your time while working the product

I've had great success using my DA and so can you.

Kevin

Try the proper sequence and you should get better results. Feel free to ask any more questions and don't forget to post some photos :2thumbs:

just posted some pics of the work I did today, im gonna go back over it tomorrow and take my time more and do the ssh first then swirl remover, then polish, then machine wax. thanks guys!

just posted some pics of the work I did today, im gonna go back over it tomorrow and take my time more and do the ssh first then swirl remover, then polish, then machine wax. thanks guys!

Make sure to get a 2' x 2' section how you want it before doing the entire vehicle. You'll know what you need to do to knock out the entire car if you achieve your desired results on that small section.

To make sure you know what a 2x2 looks like on paint measure and tape of a square for the first few sections, this will help you more than you may realize.

You'll get it in no time, just take it slow, inspect each area once done.

Kevin.

Edited by MrHot88