Customer Service 866.965.0400

Is it safe to us the glaze right after a paint job?

FP

Question

we're told not to wax the car till about 90 days after the car has been painted. Is this true fior base coat/clear coat? If so, is it ok to use the glaze, or the machine wax?

9 answers to this question

The paint has to cure. It takes up to 90 days? But I would ask the painter to check what the paint manufacturer recommends. That is best IMO. You can use detail spray on it. Have patience. Some paints you can polish after 2 weeks. Again ask the painter.

You should not seal or wax fresh paint until it has fully cured. Normally it takes about 60 days, 90 seems a bit much, but the paint shop knows more about their specific paint/method than anyone, so I would trust them on the time. Just maintain the car with WW or DS until it is safe to seal and wax.

I have to agree with everyone else. 60-90 days seems to be the norm. Again talk to your painter he will be able to give you the correct info. Normal Adams Shampoo and water, Waterless Wash and Detail Spray would be your safest way to go.

What the others guys said, call who ever painted it!

But I'm almost certain you can cut & polish immediately...LSP...90 days.

Yes, you certainly can cut and polish immediately after a bake cycle in the booth.

It's done all the time, it's just the wax that has to be avoided for 90 days.

I would steer away from glaze as well.

If you're not going to cut and polish, then leave the paint alone for 90 days 

My truck just came out the shop a couple weeks ago and I was told to wait 60 days but honestly ill probably wait 90. I'm just maintaing it with ds but its very hard I notice my repainted bumper and fender is getting swirls and scratches already............I'm fighting the itch so much but I just maintain the rest of the truck to keep me happy